Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Yikes. I have my tetinus/diptheria/polio jab tommorow at my school and I am PETRIFIED. The needles bit I can deal with, but the aftermath I cannot. Worse, its in the morning so I have to deal with the nerves all day and sit in class with all these people just waiting for the day to end, and for something to happen. I actually can’t cope with this, but I won’t get the jab if I don’t go to school, what can I do?! please help, my brain is in meltdown and i cant think strait and i really need to sleep tonight! hope im not too much of a pain, i know its not much to most but i really can't deal with this.

jen

<font color=GREEN>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    happiness is a way of travel -- not a destination
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </font>

You shouldn't experience anything more than a sore arm with your DTaP vaccine. I have never known it causing an adult to *v* and I've given many of them! Try not to worry because that is just going to make you feel sick. You will be fine!

Jess

I concur.

The alternative to getting the shot could be getting some nasty thing that could make you V* though.

Heya, i went through the same thing recently when i needed to start my
    course of hepatitis b shots and i was fine I had the shot your
    getting a few years back and it never made me ill. You will do fine

thanx, i had it today, and all was fine. couple of people fainted but no more than that thank god. i guess deep down i knew it'd be fine, but thanx for the support, you guys are great

jen

<font color=GREEN>
    </font>

Oh my God! I have that on Wednesday too.

I can't help much, considering it has passed, right? But I hope you're ok.

How did it go? Did it hurt?

Hey, s0ccer it didn't hurt AT ALL. i didn't even notice it going in.I I looked round the room and the nurse did the jab, i didn't even realise. I'm fine, and as i said, no-one in my year group of 250 was sick. If you have any questions, ill talk, but i don't want to put my foot in it and worry yaz, so i'll shut up now! Where about in UK do you live?

jen

p.s. it aches slightly now, but thats because i kept hitting it to prove a point to my friend. i wouldn't advise you hit it. not at all.
    Edited by: jenneth
    <font color=GREEN>
    </font>

haha, yeap. I was one of the fainters when I got that shot. I wasn't scared, I just tend to get these type of reations to shots. My dad does to, its some kind of vaso vagal reaction.

you shoud see me when I get my blood taken.. NOT a pretty sight.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

yeah, a really hard guy at my school fainted and he had the mick taken so much, especally because he was acting all big before!
    <font color=GREEN>
    </font>

That's a relief, I always worry a bit about injections, my sister got sick after the Meningitis one a few years back.

I live in the South-East, Essex area.

You?

Im in essex too, im from Harlow. Im living in hatfield, herts atm for uni<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->

Not far at all then! I'm from Southend.

I watch EastEnders, does that count??? ROFL!!!
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

im from nottingham, wahoo. i would kill to live in the south, nottingham sucks sometimes, we live slap bang in the middle of englad, so no beach trips for me and my surfing
    <font color=GREEN>
    </font>

Aww.

Well, it isn't all that great, considering the beach where we live isn't actually a natural beach, and the so called "sea" is the Thames estuary. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

So in theory it should be called "Southend-on-River", but hey- I'm not one to complain.

Augh- mine's tomorrow!

Unfortunately a friend from the school next door told me that four people fainted and one person was ill.. which comforts me, well, oh so much! :P

I'm kinda worried now. And also about the pain too, because everyone has the choice of two (second MMR dose and the polio/diphtheria one). I've had the MMR twice, so I don't need that, but I still have to have the polio, which apparently is the one which hurts.

don't worry. the tetanus part is the only bit that might be uncomfortable - makes your arm a bit achy and heavy/numb. i'll be thinking of you, you'll be fine
    <font color=GREEN>
    </font>

Thank-you. You were absolutely right- it felt like nothing!

The nurse told me I might not even be able to feel it go in, had it not been a cold day,hence our muscles being tenser.

The achy feeling now is no joke, I almost got hit by a car on the way home on my bike hehe!

They did it in alphabetical order by forms, my form being B. The people from A came back to our lesson and they were all crying which was slightly unnerving, but nevertheless, noone in my form cried or even said it hurt that much, and I think it was just a case of one person crying and setting the rest of the people off lol.

My arm is so heavy!

Glad you feel ok, wasn't so bad after all!!!

jen

<font color=GREEN>
    </font>