Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please help, so scared

Having a massive scare. Woke up feeling s*. I never wake up at this time so early. I've had this feeling on and off since Wednesday which I've put down to anxiety. I'm shaking like a leaf. I had it temporarily yesterday lunch but it went away when I ate something. I'm struggling to see the difference between real and anxiety nausea now. The only other symptom I have is a sore throat and funny ears, because I'm not over a cold I had about a week ago. I've had a lot of phlegm and I know swallowing that can make you feel s*. I can feel the gunk in my throat now and it dropping in to my stomach. My gland on one side still feels swollen. I just cannot stop shaking and I'm sweating. I want to be okay. I don't want to be s*. On Wednesday when I had this, I had a massive panic attack and my friend called an ambulance. Paramedics said it was likely to be PTSD (which I've been diagnosed with following an abusive relationship)/phobia mixed with cold/flu symptoms. I'm so scared, I am so scared I have a bug. This n* feels so real to me. Please help.

Default Re: Please help, so scared

I'm going to guess it's probably anxiety. Of and on since Wednesday? I can't think of amy bug that takes that long to make you v if it's going to. I think you may be suffering a bit of anxiety nausea with maybe just some icky feeling from swallowing phlegm.