Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Fear for someone else .....

So I have a co worker who's fine ...right now. Her husband has the stomach bug. He works on the ambulance and went home v*** from work. She doesn't seem to nervous about it. I fear for her. Do you ever feel this. Like I'm nervous for her and her getting it. I'm nervous that she might get it and bring it to work. But I have been reading a lot of information here and it helps slightly.

Thanks!

Default Re: Fear for someone else .....

I worry about my bf catching something. But honesty if her husband works on an ambulance then he probably knows all the proper ways to clean and her chances of getting it are slim

Yes! I have a friend who's son is in my sons kindergarten class. She posted a few weeks ago she was sick with v* (ended up not being a sv*) and I was so worried that her son would get it, pass it to mine. Thankfully that didn't happen!

I used to be that way and would have a hard time decreasing my anxiety about it. I would think about it until they were past the 'clear' point. This has decreased drastically for me in the last year, thankfully. Most of the time that I worried over someone nothing came of it. Plus, I've begun to see how minimal the time spent that one is sick and how HUGE the time I angst over it is in comparison!