Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: pregnancy...

Default pregnancy...

I found out that I was pregnant on thanksgiving, and I'm very excited because we've been trying for months. This fear is taking all of the excitement and happiness out of find out because now that I know I'm pregnant I know that its possible for me to get sick. I've been pregnant before had a wonderful pregnancy and never got sick one time. This time its all I can think about what if what if and then my anxiety kicks in and I drive myself crazy.I can't take the medicine I was on so I pretty much think about it all day. Does any one have any advice? Maybe something you did or a way to get my mind off of it? Please help I'm going crazy!

Default Re: pregnancy...

If you weren't sick the first time it's highly unlikely that you'll be sick this time. Try to think about other things. Go buy a sweet baby outfit, stroll the aisles of baby shops, watch funny pregnancy movies (that don't talk about n* or s* - there are TONS!). It's really not likely that you'll be sick, so don't waste your energy focusing on that, focus on the sweet miracle growing inside of you! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Default Re: pregnancy...

every pregnancy is different. But like syrup said, the fact that you did well for your first one bodes well for your sake. Usually your body gets used to it after the first time. Just follow all the tried-and-true methods of making sure you always have a little bit of food in your stomach and stay hydrated. That helps a ton. And congratulations! I just spent an hour at a baby store today buying presents for my new baby nephew. Nothing like those little tiny baby outfits.