Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Exposed at work

Default Exposed at work

Go into work only to be told by the woman I work very closely with that she is feeling really ill with...her words... 'lots of vomiting'!!!!!!! My immediate response was to firstly tell her to stay away from me (impossible) and then tell her off for coming into work. Both her and her son had been vomiting through the night and her son also has d*. She wasnt actually sick in work and she went home early but she used my phone, keyboard, mouse and I had to handle her paperwork etc. I tried to wipe things over with the only disinfectant wipes in work and I washed my hands often but I cant help but feel doomed. Straight after work I had to go to my daughters baby shower which included a meal so if God forbid I have caught it my stomach is full. Trying not to completely freak out but its hard not to think the worst. What does everybody think my chances are?

Default Re: Exposed at work

WTF why did she come to work????? inconsiderate bitch

I know. Her husband didnt want her to come in but she said she didnt want to let people down. She is an optician and had appts booked and there was no-one else available to cover. I would have just cancelled her appts cos she actually saw 3 young kids and a 84 year old man amoungst others. To make matters worse Ive been feeling really n* for past couple of hours. Its been about 15 hours since I was exposed so I guess it could start anytime now

oh my god she may have infected those poor patients. I don't know if you were truly exposed bc you took precautions but I would be nervous for sure. hopefully you are fine.

She knows about my phobia and so tried to keep her distance from me but when I have to open same doors as her, answer the phones that she also used, handle all the paperwork she has been writing on minutes before and the list goes on - well like I said I feel its almost inevitable. Shes very tough and was very matter of fact about it, plus she is a genuinely nice person but this was unacceptable in my opinion. Saying that if the owner had been in work he would have totally expected her to work all day. How many hours is the norm for me to most likely show symptoms. Ive got 2 days off work but all my plans are on hold cos Im just gonna stay home and expect the worse. I could honestly cry.

On a more positive note she doesnt actually touch the patients and its very unlikely they'd be unlucky to catch it off her. She does get very close to them but as far as Im aware its not passed on just by being close.