Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: High Risk?

Default High Risk?

Go into work only to be told by the woman I work very closely with that she is feeling really ill with...her words... 'lots of vomiting'!!!!!!! My immediate response was to firstly tell her to stay away from me (impossible) and then tell her off for coming into work. Both her and her son had been vomiting through the night and her son also has d*. She wasnt actually sick in work and she went home early but she used my phone, keyboard, mouse and I had to handle her paperwork etc. I tried to wipe things over with the only disinfectant wipes in work and I washed my hands often but I cant help but feel doomed. Straight after work I had to go to my daughters baby shower which included a meal so if God forbid I have caught it my stomach is full. Trying not to completely freak out but its hard not to think the worst. What does everybody think my chances are? Its been 15 hours since my exposure so the clock is ticking

Default Re: High Risk?

It's hard to say. Your risk is definitely not zero, but you're certainly not doomed to catch it. It's very good that she wasn't actually v*ing or having d* at work, which of course spreads it all over the place. If she is good about washing her hands, it's likely none of it was on her hands, so the objects you mentioned shouldn't have been contaminated, but it was still a good idea that you disinfected your phone as best you could.

It's a little uncertain but you might be okay. She must have not been feeling absolutely dreadful or she'd have called in sick?

If I was you and feeling okay tomorrow I would see the GP and ask for some anti-emetics (e.g. prochlorperazine) in case you come down with it OR you could buy Buccastem from a chemist/Boots.

I hope you're ok!

Ive already got buccastem, phenergan and domperidone anti emetics but don't know how good they'd be with a sv. Its been 36 -48 hours since I was exposed. How much longer until I'm in the clear. I had planned to put the christmas tree up today but was afraid I'd get sick and would always associate it with a sv. Crazy I know. Back in work tomorrow so hoping I'll be ok and not v*

If you aren't sick by now, it's highly unlikely that you will be. Experts seem to agree that 48 hours is around the maximum incubation period for norovirus and ~33 hrs is the mean.

I hope you're right. Its been 72 hours but I have felt ill on and off today. My stomach feels off, my appetites gone, I'm achy and I feel like I've got a temp. I am so scared this is the start of it