Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feeling terrible after potluck party

I had pie this morning(noonish) with ice cream, but the pie tasted weird, but I ate it anyway. Then I had a couple candies until we had tea, where I had more pie, this time pecan, which tasted fine. Then we wBt to a potluck party and I ate a ton of peppers, some turkey lasagne, some tofu and chick pea curry, and a bunch of Mac n cheese. I ate it really fast so I thought that explained my stomach ache but it went away about an hour after. Now I am feeling very n in waves and the stomach ache is back. I keep yawning but I can't sleep. I had 3 tums already and I don't know what to do. It hurts in my upper syomach, and when I swallow it feels like acid is in my throat, same with trying to burp. I'm also really cold... No d, but sinetines farts. HELP I am so scared and miserable feelIng help

Also I started my monthly on thanksgiving if that has anything to do with it
    Last edited by Koizumiii; 12-01-2014 at 12:33 AM. Reason: More info

Default Re: Feeling terrible after potluck party

i hope you are doing better. sounds like a mix of a lot of food was the problem. try ginger (tea or candies). also warm water with lemon helps when i have food related issues.
    “A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it.”

um that is a lot of crazy flavored food in your belly fighting for attention. I would drink hella lot of water to push it on through and maybe more tums.

I think any of us would have a wobbly tummy after all of that! HA! I'm sure you're fine, your body just needs time to digest and relax. Allowing the anxiety to creep in just adds acid which isn't what you need right now. Suck on peppermints, sip hot tea and relax, you'll be ok.

Yogi brand ginger tea is the best for food related tummy problems in my opinion. Different foods can have such different reactions in your digestive system- I know every time I eat peppers I immediately get heartburn. I also struggle with lactose intolerance so the dairy in the Mac and cheese would have done me in as well! I kept a food journal for a while to figure out which foods I was eating were causing me to get an upset stomach. If this is something that often happens to you, you might want to consider keeping one as well!

Sounds like a pretty clear case of indigestion. Congrats on eating so many foods worry-free at the time, though!
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ