Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help me please it's going to happen!! I'd rather my head fall off than feel like this

I am in bed and was getting ready for sleep. Then all of a sudden I feel n*, have stomach cramps. My stomach is gurgling. You can hear bubbles and it feels fizzy if that makes sense. I'm shaking and gone very hot... It then alternates to cold, then hot again. Iv been to the bathroom and been for a number 2 (sorry tmi) it was normal but it came on urgently. I still have the low stomach cramps and very bad n* I also feel like I have wind in my chest/throat but can't get it to come up in a burp... That is normally one of the warning signs v*is going to happen.... That with the hot/cold alternating. I'm also finding it hard to swallow water. And am feeling gaggy and throat n*. Is anyone there to talk to me. I am having therapy for my emet but have only had 2 of 40 sessions xx

Default Re: Help me please it's going to happen!! I'd rather my head fall off than feel like

I really doubt it's actually a virus, if it were that water you drank would have come back up. I am so sorry you're so anxious!!! Can you put a movie or some music on to distract you? So some deep belly breathing. Put your hand on your belly and breath in deep making it rise up and then slooooooooowly let the air out of your nose. No matter what's going on, you're going to make it through. Keep reminding yourself of that. When the anxious feeling returns repeat it to yourself. You ARE going to be ok!!!

Default Re: Help me please it's going to happen!! I'd rather my head fall off than feel like

Iv come out the worse of the panic (thank you diazepam).. But my throat is still strange. I keep feeling like I'm going to gag. I have a cd I was given at therapy. And she told me to try distraction. But it's weird.. When I feel like this, I can't concentrate on anything else. I can't watch the tv, I can't listen to my headphones. I prefer it quiet. But I know when it's quiet I'm just left with my thoughts xx

i just reach for my anti emetics. Iv had 2 domperidone and 2 prochlorperazine. Xx
    Last edited by Pudsta; 12-01-2014 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pudsta View Post
    Iv come out the worse of the panic (thank you diazepam).. But my throat is still strange. I keep feeling like I'm going to gag. I have a cd I was given at therapy. And she told me to try distraction. But it's weird.. When I feel like this, I can't concentrate on anything else. I can't watch the tv, I can't listen to my headphones. I prefer it quiet. But I know when it's quiet I'm just left with my thoughts xx

i just reach for my anti emetics. Iv had 2 domperidone and 2 prochlorperazine. Xx

How are you doing now? It's the worst when those sudden attacks come upon you...

I hope your feeling better , I hate it when they just come on like that and there is probably no reason for it, hope you managed to relax
    Last edited by Danniie_91; 12-02-2014 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Didn't finish writing before I accidently clicked send

Thank you for replying, Iv managed to get a little sleep. But woke up a little n*. I'm not panicking as yet so maybe it's due to fatigue. I don't know about anyone else, but I get different types of n* and can tell when it could possibly lead to v* x

I know exactly what you mean, some n* you get is due to anxiety x