Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Scared... again!

Been feeling queasy for a few hours but it has got worse since eating about 2 hours ago. I haven't been eating properly so I thought maybe if I ate something I'd feel better but I think I've made a mistake.

My stomach is hurting and I feel like Ive got a temp. Im achy and I feel n*.

I was exposed to a sv* on saturday when I had to work very closely with someone who was actually suffering from a sv and had been v* just a few hours before coming into work. Then I was at a baby shower saturday evening where there were a couple of kids, both of whom got sick 12 to 18 hours later. I feel like giving up

Default Re: Scared... again!

By any chance is the queasiness in your throat or stomach area? Could be acid reflux, gas, or sometimes you just get those days where you feel like dying and sick, yet you wake up the next day perfectly fine. I hope everything ends up well, keep me updated. (:

Hey

Don't give up I think it may be caused by your anxiety levels, when I start to panic about things I often feel queasy and dizzy and lightheaded!

Have a nice cold drink of water and a few deep breaths, I find breathing in through the nose for the count of 7 and out through the mouth for the count of 11 usually brings me back round

Stay strong x

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I eventually went to sleep at around 2 a.m but I felt rough. Went to work felt fine most of the day. Came home put up my christmas tree then started feeling extremely sick again!!! Its driving me crazy. Took some anti-emetics and a tranquiliser cos I was getting more and more uptight. Fingers crossed I dont start feeling worse and get a good nights sleep

Your very welcome, I am new to these forums, figured I might benefit from talking to like minded people! No one ever seems to understand emet! And it's something I have lived with since I was 3, am now 30!!!! Living my whole life in fear has been hard going!

I am sure we will all get there eventually x

Thats so true, but then how can anyone who isnt absolutely terrified of v* even begin to understand how we feel. I never hide how scared I am but I try not to show how badly it affects my every day life cos I really believe they'd think I was crazy. My 23 year old daughter is forever saying Im a hypochondriac which is partly true. If theres anything that could possibly cause me to v* I go into meltdown but if its another kind of illness I really dont pay too much attention. One extreme example is this whole ebola thing....the only thing that would put the fear of God into me would be the v*. Thats not to say I would look forward to the bleeding from every orifice or dying etc but its the v* that would be a step too far.

I hope you find this site helpful. It is good to be able to discuss things and ask questions with like minded people, and also just giving others tips and advice can be quite rewarding.

Hahaha I am howling at your comment about Ebola because I said the exact same thing to my husband!! I said I couldn't care less if I am zipped up in a bag, if I v* that's it's am no good!!

My current meltdown is my three year old daughter starting nursery school in January, arghhhhh!!!! My anxiety levels are through the roof, already playing out scenarios in my head of "what if I get a phone call to pick her up because she is v*, I won't be able to, will the nursery teachers think I am a bad parent?" The thoughts are crazy!!

Big hugs and I am so pleased I signed up x

Quote Originally Posted by Mrswilson1623 View Post
    Hahaha I am howling at your comment about Ebola because I said the exact same thing to my husband!! I said I couldn't care less if I am zipped up in a bag, if I v* that's it's am no good!!

My current meltdown is my three year old daughter starting nursery school in January, arghhhhh!!!! My anxiety levels are through the roof, already playing out scenarios in my head of "what if I get a phone call to pick her up because she is v*, I won't be able to, will the nursery teachers think I am a bad parent?" The thoughts are crazy!!

Big hugs and I am so pleased I signed up x
    If its any consolation my daughter, who is 23 now, started nursery aged 3 and to the best of my recollection rarely (if ever) v* due to a sv picked up at school. Yes she did v* due to other problems such as coughing due to asthma, high temps, or throat and ear infections but this was very few and far between thank God.