Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

In less than an hour I am leaving for a camping trip with about 10 young adults from my church and our youth/Y.A. pastor. We're taking the church bus. I'vebeen camping at this spot once before - it's not in a campsite per se, and you have to hike up a big hill to get to it, andthere are no luxuries like outhouses or running water!! November in Canada,I know I know, I'm crazy! Last time I went was in March this year, and it was still sooooooo cold I woke up with no blood in my toes!

Anyway, I'm only slightly nervous. This place is only a half hour drive from the city Ilive in, and I am bringing 2 Gravols with me just in case I feel sick. I guess I'm just mostly worried because I have my period so I feel really gross. It's going to be gross dealing with all the blood (and related gastro-intestinal upset) with no bathroom or anything!! I just hope I don't smell too much by Sunday morning [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]sorry for the detail...

Wish me no panicking! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Well you're probably gone by now, so my advice will be in vain lol! I'm praying for you that you may have a very enjoyable and Emet-free weekend! Food for thought for NEXT time hehe...period or no period, it may be a good idea to take along with you some of those Summers Eve cleansing wipes...made for women, OR if you don't carry those in your area, even using baby wipes is just as good! That would be a good wayt keep clean and fresh in THAT area hehe!

Hope you're having a WONDERFUL time!!

Let us know!

God bless!

Paula :-)
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

OMG have fun!I LOOVE camping!! I haven't gone in a while, though. You brought your gravol, so you should be all good! Just enjoy the wilderness. (put food away, you don't want Yogi to come knocking.) Let us know how it went.
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

How did it go, pianolover? My husband and I bought an RV this summer and we went a few weeks ago when it was cool here. I actually enjoyed it being a little cooler than so hot like it is in the summer. Of course, our RV has heat/air, so I wasn't "roughing it" quite like you. But, I do know that it is not fun when you have your period. That happened to me a few months ago and I just felt nasty the entire time, although I was able to take 2 showers a day! I hope you had a nice time!

Jess

Hey guys! Thanks for your responses (and prayers!) We only wound up staying for one night and a full day, but it was so much fun! The period was pretty nasty (and for some reason it's much more difficult to insert tampons when you're squatting in the moss...???) but I had a great time The evening we got there, almost as soon as we made it upthemountain to the clearing,my friend Julie bent over and complained of the worst stomach cramp ever. Another girl had some Pepto Bismol with her so Julie eventually took some of that and felt better. I was a little worried because I was sleeping in a tent with her, right besideher in fact! But she was fine and so was I

What were the temperatures like and how did you stay comfortable? What kind of gear did you have for those conditions?

Hi liriodendron,

We didn't have much fancy stuff as far as gear goes, and I don't know what the temperature was like besides COLD (I'm awful with estimating)! I borrowed a friend's hard-core sleeping bag that's supposed to be good down to minus 5 Celsius, I was in a tent and was still cold for some of the night. Most of us wore from 3 to 6 or 7 layers at all times and we had a fire going almost the whole time. It really was very cold - we walked over a nearby railroad trestle at maybe 11 PM and there was ice on the ties, so it was at least freezing at night(or "at most"???). Hehe. Sorry I don't know more details! I'm not actually a hard-core camper - I don't have any of my own equipment! I just love the forest so much!

I love the forest too.

That's amazing to stay outdoors that long in sub zero temps. Very
    brave. I bet you could venture up to Nunavut next on a dog sled
    expedition! I'd really like to go way up there but not this time of
    year. I'd rather go on the week that you have summer.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

The week that we have summer! haha, good call Not too sure about Nunavut though - I'm not THAT brave or good with the cold! Once it snows I like to be inside looking out!