Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Husband and I feeling ill

So I called my husband on my way home from work and told him I was feeling a little nausea. I'm pregnant so I just chalked it up to that... And gas and constipation. But then he said he's feeling sick too. I would have not freaked had he not told me that bc now I'm thinking, is it an actual stomach bug we've caught? I am not full blown panicking, bc I did do CBT just for generalized anxiety, but I'm a little worried. Please pray that it's nothing for us.. Or if it is, that I can handle it. I know he can. I just worry I'll go all anxious and want to kill myself... Not literally, but you know how at the time you'd almost rather die than barf. I haven't thrown up in probably 10 yrs. My rational mind says there's nothing to be afraid of. I know it. Old habits die hard.

Default Re: Husband and I feeling ill

Aw sorry to hear about that. How are you now? I'm feeling unwell too, have a bad stomach ache, which my mum also has.

I hope you feel better soon and that it's nothing horrible

We are both ok. I've been in the bathroom a few times (#1), still mildly nauseous but that's it. I'm making us dinner too. So we'll see if we can eat. I hope you and your mom feel better. Be strong. There is nothing to be scared of, and even if we get sick, it's ok.. Totally normal. Non threatening. There's nothing to be scared of. (I'm telling myself this too)

Good for you for pushing through. You are right, there's nothing to fear. My hubby and I are like that sometimes, just kinda 'blah'. Nothing has ever come of it. I'm sure you're ok!