Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Panic Attack

Default Panic Attack

Woke from my sleep about 40 mins ago and almost immediately had to rush to the toilet. Thankfully it wasnt d* but I now feel I want to go again. Its not normal to feel like this at 3.30 a.m. This was coupled with severe n* and I went into meltdown. Ive got a cold, wet flannel draped against the back of my neck, and a migraine strip on my forehead cos I also have a headache. Ive taken anti-emetics and a tranquiliser but I think I must've have had a panic attack cos for a while I couldnt stop shaking and I felt all hot when its actually very cold tonight. How do you all cope with panic attacks? I'd love to be able to get some meds off the dr but here in the UK they dont really like giving them to people.

These attacks leave me feeling drained, not to mention terrified....

Default Re: Panic Attack

I used to wake up like that a lot and feel very panicked especially if I had a bowel movement during the night. That's unusual for me and sounds like it is for you as well. I listen to guided imagery for panic attacks. But actually, affirmations work better for me for panic and anxiety. I listen to Bellruth Naperstack. It calms me.

Default Re: Panic Attack

Also, I wanted to mention that panic attacks would leave me drained too but I always got good sleep after one. I sometimes take Ativan for panic. It had anti emetic properties as well. Not that I condone avoidance but I'm being honest when I tell you, I avoid *v in every way. I'm an Emet, it's what I do...for now