Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default What is going on?!

Over the last few weeks, I've experienced at least five different instances where I've woken up around 6am in a completely panicked state. As soon as I open my eyes it's instant anxiety: trembling, feeling n*, unwanted thoughts. Each time this has happened, I didn't even have to be up so early, I just randomly woke up...it's so weird! I'm wondering if this happens to anyone else? And why does it keep happening?! It's especially annoying because the panic usually lasts throughout my day and it takes a while for me to shake the thoughts and feelings of n*. Help!

Default Re: What is going on?!

its anxiety. unexplained. do you drink caffeine or do anything before bed? sleep with tv on? loud noises nearby? bad dreams? meds? drinking alcohol before bed?

No none of the above! It's completely random.

Hey, sleep has always been particularly troublesome for me. I suppose I feel most out of control then, but I have had stuff like that happen randomly, especially at times of high anxiety.

Something similar has happened to me, but I feel its more closely related to how close i've eaten to bed time. Sometimes the food I eat will leave an aftertaste in my mouth that if left to linger, will trigger the n* and wake me up. Its terrible and i've since decided not to eat anything past a certain time to circumvent the problem completely.