Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self-injury?

Idid the same thing with super glue! Thanks Mandi. I am trying to remember my childhood, and this is helping out so much! I would put the super glue on my nail/cuticle area and then pick it off with a pin or something. I wouldn't bleed, with the picking it would help me out with a panic attack

im not a cutter, more of a hitter and pincher. always have done, more out of frustration than anxity. i went throuch a stage of punching my thighs whenever i couldn't do things, and one day i woke up and couldnt walk because of the builyt up pain. i still do it a little, but its stupid and i wish i didn't.

jen
    <font color=GREEN>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    happiness is a way of travel -- not a destination
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </font>

I think we all do things that are stupid but it tends to relax us in some form or another

pianolover; dont be scared or embarrassed

I agree.. there is nothing to feel stupid about or be embarrassed about at all. We are all in the same boat!!!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Absolutely...noone is here to judge, but to comfort when you need it, reassure when you need it, and to rejoyce when it's time to. I thought I would NEVER tell anyone about grabbing my genitals to ward of severe panic. I thought I would go to the grave with that one! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

I dont do si, but at times when I'm panicking, I bite the inside of my mouth very hard. Doesn't bleed though and sometimes I dig my nails into my skin. O.o I dont know why. Sometimes if its really bad, I actually bite my finger lol. Yes, it calms me to bite lol.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Default Re: Self-injury?

In sixth grade I had a teacher who said we couldn't leave the classroom unless we were getting sick, bleeding, or dying and that's when my self harm started to escape out of that class. Somehow I had him in 7th grade too. It started as scratching my hand until it bled to get out of that class then went into pinching my legs and I've tried to limit it to picking at my cuticles. I don't do it unless I'm very stressed and having a panic attack because it's the only thing that relieves the panic. Pain trumps anxiety. It's an incredibly hard habit to stop once started. I've been so ashamed of it my whole life. I went through a very difficult two years and my legs were black and blue from the pinching. It was so embarrassing and awful.