Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default waiting for son's possible surgery in the morning

Hi all, My 8 year old boy has been sick with d* and n* since Wed. We are in the hospital now.. It has been so rough. They think either he has appendicitis or swollen lymph nodes beside the appendix. Running antibiotics now, may have appendix removed in the morning.. He is so scared and so am I. Working hard to stay out of an emet panic attack. They had to give him ativan to calm him down. Damn these bad nerves!!

Default Re: waiting for son's possible surgery in the morning

oh man I'm sorry!!! my son is the same age so I know how tender they are but how brave they want to be. poor kiddo . just give him lots of snuggles and promises of lego and ice cream (at least that works with my son!!). I'll check in in a bit to see how he is. hugs!!!!! you can do this. just hunker down and go into the "mama bear zone" that got you through labor.

I am so very sorry! How scary for you both. Remember that VERY SOON this will be history. Hold on for a bit longer. Thankfully he's being attended to by great medical staff. Let him watch tv to distract him, snuggle in close and ride it out. It's almost over and done with. PLEASE keep us posted. xoxo

Thank you all so much for the encouraging words, gonna be a long night it's midnight here. I'll post back in the morning.

I hope everything will be ok for your son. Thinking of you xx

Thinking of you.......

any update? I hope they gave you some answers by now ��

Yay!! No surgery needed, he was much better this morning. They said after an infection the lymph nodes can swell in the abdomen and hurt. Who knew? Thanks for all the concern. I drove the nurse crazy last night, I was so worried.

oh that's great news!!!!!!!

Terrific news! I'm so glad he's feeling better and even more so that he doesn't need surgery.

You all are so sweet with your comments, I come here often and check in. Nice to have a place where people understand this emet. I made it through this whole ordeal without a panic attack. Thank goodness. Being stuck in the hospital room was not easy and I had a couple of moments but got through it. Now we are home (last night) and I have a slight fever . Trying not to panic.. whipping out my Lucinda Bassett and Claire Weekes. Have to get through this.