Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

ok... on sat night i kissed my friend tegs (no im not bi we were just very drunk) and today i was talking to her on msn and she is feeling realy nauseous and tryingt o make herself sick she needs to v* that badly.. either she has picked up a stomach virus or she is just very sick from dirnking.. i mean she did drink over half a bottle of vodka... ( silyl girl!) now because i kissed her, if its a stomach virus am i goingt o catch it? are sv's spread through saliva or just phoecies... i dont know but im so scared!! wud i be sick by now too if it wsa a stomach virus? someone please help me i am soo scared[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->

stef - everything happens for a reason

I doubt very much that she has a sv, I think she is hung over!! I wouldn't worry about it at all. Believe me if she drank that much vodka she would be feeling ill because of that

I agree. That was a lot of alcohol--too much. Does she have diarrhea, fever, and other sv* symptoms? Most non-emets who have sv* don't have to "make" themselves.

If it's drinking that's making her sick, maybe she learned her lesson? LOL sorry, "mommy" isn't in my user name for nothin'.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

I agree...it's the alcohol. My ex-husband (who is NOT an emet) used to make himself v* whenever he got n*. It didn't matter if it was from food, or alcohol, or a sv, he would just go to the bathroom and v*. Like it was no big deal!!!!! Now can you see why I divorced this man???? He's [img]smileys/smilies_31.gif[/img]

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Sure, today is Sunday, and she drank on Saturday nights, so it's definitely a hangover. Holy Crap, that's a lot of vodka she drank. Don't even worry about a virus.

no but thats the thing.. today here in aus its monday... wud her hangover last that long? eeeek!<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

//-->

Yep, if you drink a lot you can feel ill for a couple of days. My fiance feels the effects when he's had a lot of booze for two days afterwards sometimes. If you think about it, over-drinking you are poisoning your system so your body will take a while to recover and the more you drink the longer it'll last. Also depends on the person - some will recover quickly whilst others will feel groggy for ages. If I have a lot to drink I do all my suffering during the night as alcohol goes through me quickly so can usually sleep through it, then feel pretty ok the next day, whereas most people I know will suffer the next day feeling hungover. I process alcohol so quickly if I start drinking at 7pm by 11/12pm I am sobering up and getting a headache!

So don't worry, you'll be fine!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

hiya im pretty sure its just the effects of the alcohol, but even *if* it is a virus, she would not have been contagious until she first had the symtoms, so if she was sick on the sunday, she would have become contagious from that point. There have been times where iv spent a whole day with my bf and kiss him ALOT then that night he come down with a stomach virus and i never caught it.

Also you have to remember non emets are more prone to food poisoning because they are not as hygiene conscious as us emets. She may have just eaten something that didnt agree with her.

I remember when my ex went out drinking with his buddy on a Sat. night they both came back so drunk around 3am, they looked like idiots! Sunday afternoon he was still drunk. He took 2 days off of work because he was so hung over. Did I feel sorry for him? hell no!!

Quote Originally Posted by hollyjean

Also you have to remember non emets are more prone to food poisoning
    because they are not as hygiene conscious as us emets. She may have
    just eaten something that didnt agree with her.

And then they're quick to assume it's viral because they don't think they did anything wrong in their food handling or hygiene.

By the way, my doctor once told me that sv can be airborne.

Isn't it approaching summer there? Not to say it isn't possible as last
    spring had a bit of sv reports in parts of the USA but maybe more
    likely to be alcohol related.

WOW!! A half a bottle of vodka? How big of a bottle was it? If it was a standard 750ml. bottle that's A LOT OF ALCOHOL! and yes, she could still be sick from it.

Alcohol facts:

Your liver can only eliminate 2 oz of alcohol per hour.

If you consume too much, you could suffer alcohol poisoning (potentially lethal)

Women don't break it down as well as men

You build tolerance w/ the more you drink over a period of time.

(what could kill me, may only make an alcoholic feel tipsy)

It is a depressant and effects your respiratory system

Can cause all kinds of health problems.. peticularly liver disease..

I hope she doens't do this frequently, because booze can be quite bad for you. How is your friend now, I'm a little concerned.
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

Its true that sv can become airborne, but this is only when they actually v*, droplets containing the virus are expelled with it, so as long as you are not right next to the person you should be ok. Iv just looked up in my microbiology text book and it said the same thing.

It's probably just the alcohol. I remember once my sister had like half a bottle of vodka and she was sick and V*ing for two days! And then the rest of the week she was all groggy and out of it. I'm sure it was just the alcohol, and barring that maybe she did have something bad to eat. Either way I don't think you're going to catch anything!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

well thanx all for ur reassurances! god i love u guys! i called her last night and she was feeling better... we do think it was just the alcohol... but she also had some dioreaha (spelling lol) and feels very bloated and uncomfortable.. so i said it cud be giardia... so shes goign to the doc... thank GOD it wasnt an sv!!!! i was so scared yesterday!! thanx all[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

//-->

When I would get hangovers, I would have diarrhea all day long. So, it is probably a normal hangover deal to have that too.

I agree with japa, too much alcohol can effect you at the other end too!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

yes alcohol can deffinately cause bad diarreah, my freinds who are quite heavy drinkers have told me all about it, one even explained how he puts a roll of toilet paper in the fridge ready for the next morning. gross!!

Quote Originally Posted by hollyjean
    yes alcohol can deffinately cause bad diarreah, my freinds who are quite heavy drinkers have told me all about it, one even explained how he puts a roll of toilet paper in the fridge ready for the next morning. gross!!

LOL, that's actually a good idea... it made me laugh though.
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...