Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please help me from this anxiety

So if my boyfriend gets the stomach bug, how long till I can kiss him and not get the bug?I know it isn't transmitted via saliva, but it can be by kissing if the person is recently throw up. I'm concerned that he may have vomit particles on his lips or in his mouth even after he is over the illness by a week maximum and we kiss and I get it. So,how long are those vomit particles going to be in his mouth?

Default Re: Please help me from this anxiety

I haven't had this problem with my boyfriend yet, but I've been extremely worried about it as well. I can't find any information on this...would someone mind helping us out?

Okay, so, you've been asking this EXACT SAME QUESTION in different forms, multiple times, for WEEKS now. I'm not sure what exactly it is you want to hear that we haven't already told you about random particles on lips, but this is getting a little bit ridiculous.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

I assume he brushes his teeth, so I doubt he'd have particles still in his mouth after a week. I'd personally wait a few days before kissing my boyfriend if he'd been unwell.

Quote Originally Posted by sadiemay123 View Post
    So if my boyfriend gets the stomach bug, how long till I can kiss him and not get the bug?I know it isn't transmitted via saliva, but it can be by kissing if the person is recently throw up. I'm concerned that he may have vomit particles on his lips or in his mouth even after he is over the illness by a week maximum and we kiss and I get it. So,how long are those vomit particles going to be in his mouth?

How about don't kiss him until he's better. There's no reason to be making out with him when's sick - sv or otherwise

Wait a few days. I'm sure he brushes his teeth so its not like the sickness is just gonna be chilling in there forever. Insist on mouthwash too, I'm not sure if he normally uses mouthwash but it's mostly alcohol so that will kill any buggies. Is he sick now or is this just hypothetical?

Quote Originally Posted by NaiveAndTrue View Post
    Okay, so, you've been asking this EXACT SAME QUESTION in different forms, multiple times, for WEEKS now. I'm not sure what exactly it is you want to hear that we haven't already told you about random particles on lips, but this is getting a little bit ridiculous.
    Yeah, I'm not trying to sound mean but I'm more concerned about your anxiety than your risk of catching a stomach bug from your hypothetically sick boyfriend. At some point, you have got to just say "I've washed my hands before touching my face, that's the best way to prevent it and the most I can do. I am going to move on with my life."

To answer your question, I'd wait until he's feeling better and has brushed his teeth and rinsed his mouth out. Maybe wait a couple of days until he feels better. I kissed my fiance a few days after he was sick with some sort of vomiting and diarrhea thing (may have been food poisoning), and I was fine.

PLEASE don't let this fear rule everything, including a fun, happy relationship with your boyfriend.