Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default am i, like, secretly hated here?

Lately I feel like people just ignore my posts....I don't post very often anymore because I don't freak out as much as I use to...when I joined in 2006...or even as much as I did a few years ago....but I post now when I get really anxious and have no support.....lately I don't feel like I have support here...which is unsettling....I ask questions here that I'm too afraid to ask "normal" people for fear of being shunned and mocked. I know there are hundreds of posts and such...and not everybody has advice for everyone....and please forgive me if I don't reply with advice....I find that the more I read posts here, the more paranoid I become. Who knows, maybe I'm just extra hormonal and emotional this last few days....
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

Default Re: am i, like, secretly hated here?

I'm sure nobody hates you! I saw the last post you made about morning sickness. I know in my case I wouldn't feel helpful posting anything because I've never been pregnant, so everything I tell you would just be speculation and not experience. I wouldn't want to give you bad info

Could also be that, like you, lots of people are triggered by reading posts. I know there are lots of people who come here to post but don't post on other threads or look at them. I think that's pretty normal too.

Please don't feel unwelcome! PM me if you need to talk!

I don't think anyone hates anyone here. I think the time of the post makes a difference. Like it seems more people get more response in the evening as opposed to the day because thats when people are typically on...or that's just my opinion. I tend to read a lot more posts than actually post myself. And when I do post I usually only get a reply or two. I mean sometimes I read a post and I really don't know what to say. Or I don't want to repeat what someone else has already said! But please don't think you're hated! I will probably be on this site more, so I will try to respond more often to people. I want to be there for others as much as I can...especially you guys because you guys are the only ones who understand what I am going through. I hope you are doing well tonight!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I dont hate you! I have to admit that I don't always reply to posts, and thats my bad. But I will try to be better with replying.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

I'm so sorry you feel that way. I don't hate you at all and am so sorry you feel that way. I really do try to reply as often as I can, but I can't as much as I'd like. Please keep posting! I'll do better!

I don't hate you! I don't know if I have seen any posts from you recently so maybe I am logging in around a time when your posts are pushed down far? I think partly it is the time zone you are in (ie lots of overnight posts clog my feed) so the top ones are the ones I see most. Then I work all day and log on at night (it is 10pm here) before I crash. If you ever need support you can always PM me! I will respond to you personally.

I don't hate you at all! I just don't reply to everything cause sometimes I don't really know what to say
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

I normally go through and try to reply to people's recent threads which have got buried without a reply, I did see yours, just today actually but I didn't reply because being a guy, I don't have any experience with pregnancy or morning sickness or anything like that. I've not been around here particularly long so I don't know if I've missed any of your other threads, but I certainly don't hate you and I haven't really seen anything to make me think that other people hate you either. Like some others have said, maybe it's just the time of day that you're posting threads, either way, I hope you get some support soon

I don't hate you. I'm not on here much and I only reply to posts that I think I can be helpful on. I'm sorry your not getting much response

Of course you aren't hated, but I think I know what you mean. I've had similar thoughts but I think the overall 'tone' of the boards may be less "familiar" than what some longer tenured members may recall from a couple years ago.
    I try to respond to posts where I think I can provide some help or at least an unbiased opinion. There have been times I've read someone's help me post but didn't respond simply because I was afraid for them that The Worst could in fact happen, but could never tell another emet that. In retrospect, I should re-think that and at least send warm wishes or some kind of acknowledgement just because it sucks, posting for support and have it go unanswered.
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost