Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Oh God...I'm n*

Default Oh God...I'm n*

I've felt sick since this afternoon. Didnt eat lunch but was unsure if I felt truly n* or if it was made worse by hunger so I ate my evening meal. Now 3 hours later I'm feeling extremely n*. My stomach feels too full, heavy, bloated and very uncomfortable.I have taken several anti-emetics throughout the day but I'm struggling now. I was really tired and managed to nod off but am now wide awake after just 40 minutes of sleep. It 12.30 a.m in the UK and I am scared

Default Re: Oh God...I'm n*

How r u feeling now?
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still blah Im sat up in bed with TV on and the laptop with a hot water bottle on my belly trying not to panic. Got to get up in 5 and half hours for work. There are a lot of sv* going around my local area. Even my own mother v* 4 times last sunday. Also my father was diagnosed with cancer yesterday so I was feeling kinda fragile before this n* overwhelmed me

I'm really sorry your going through a crap to time . I hope u feel better soon. If u need someone to talk to feel free to send me a private message
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you. I do feel guilty that I'm in such a state over n* whilst my dad has cancer. As a family we have had a horrible few years. 3 years ago my sister died with a brain tumour. Then last December my dads dementia took a dramatic turn for the worse and now this. Tbh I feel like I'm breaking

oh hon you have a lot going on. I think getting bad news like that can mess with your entire body so it may just be anxiety/sadness/etc. hugs.

Claire, it is amazing what you are sustaining right now given all you've been through. My heart breaks for you. Allow yourself to feel right now. Whether it is fear over nausea, or sadness over your father. Don't let guilt consume you. Sometimes our brains don't immediately allow us to feel about something traumatic or terribly sad. You've been through enough, and your brain knows that. It is simply distracted with this nausea business, and this may very well be a physical response to stress.
    Life is so worth living.

Butterfly91, mdgirl 1977 and sdfl thank you so so much for your kind words. sdfl, you are probably right but I don't see an end to the stress in the foreseeable future so I expect I'll be making a lot more of these panic posts. I apologise in advance. I do tend to keep my emotions bottled up. I feel I need to be strong for the other family members also closely affected by this. I also hate feeling vulnerable and out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by claire43 View Post
    Butterfly91, mdgirl 1977 and sdfl thank you so so much for your kind words. sdfl, you are probably right but I don't see an end to the stress in the foreseeable future so I expect I'll be making a lot more of these panic posts. I apologise in advance. I do tend to keep my emotions bottled up. I feel I need to be strong for the other family members also closely affected by this. I also hate feeling vulnerable and out of control.
    Claire, I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with so much. Panic-post away....we'll be here for you.
    I know what you mean about being uncomfortable being vulnerable and that you are used to being the family rock for everyone
    else to lean on. I too find it preferrable to being strong for everyone else because it's a distraction from having to confront my
    own sadness or mourning-can't cry and be sad myself when there are others you need to be strong for, right? Aint nobody got
    time for that! The bad thing is that even rocks have their breaking point and like SDFL said, you need to give yourself permission
    to cry, be scared, etc because by not allowing yourself to feel your emotions, you are simply stifling them temporarily. They will
    make themselves known and sometimes at the most inopportune times.
    Again I'm so sorry for all the awful things you are dealing with. Sending you hugs!
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Thank you jmoore10.

I did have a cry later that day but it was when I was alone. After a while I composed myself and felt selfish cos I wasn't just thinking of my dad and what he is going through but was feeling totally sorry for myself too.

Strangely it was exactly 1 year and 1 day since he had been admitted to hospital last year with acute dementia. I used to love December and all the Christmas preparations now we are all doing what we do best as a family - putting on a smile and acting like theres nothing wrong!

So sorry, sweetie. I've been in a similar situation in 2010 (Brother died in a car accident in April, Dad had a brain tumor, dementia and passed in Aug). It SUCKS. It's perfectly logical for it to up your anxiety. Anxiety is 95% about control, and over these things, we have none. It will get harder, but it will get better eventually as well. You just gotta slow down and take it one moment at a time. Nothing about the pain or loss ever goes away - you just get stronger the longer you carry it. Someday it will all end, and some other day, it will all be in your past. Even if you can't see it now - you'll get through all of it and you'll be stronger for it. <3
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

Quote Originally Posted by NaiveAndTrue View Post
    So sorry, sweetie. I've been in a similar situation in 2010 (Brother died in a car accident in April, Dad had a brain tumor, dementia and passed in Aug). It SUCKS. It's perfectly logical for it to up your anxiety. Anxiety is 95% about control, and over these things, we have none. It will get harder, but it will get better eventually as well. You just gotta slow down and take it one moment at a time. Nothing about the pain or loss ever goes away - you just get stronger the longer you carry it. Someday it will all end, and some other day, it will all be in your past. Even if you can't see it now - you'll get through all of it and you'll be stronger for it. <3
    Its hard to come to terms with such losses. Im sorry you've been through so much heartache too x

I am so sorry for everything you have to go through. I honestly couldn't imagine. You are A LOT stronger than you think you are! Stress and anxiety plays with our brains to think we are sick when we are actually not. And don't ever apologize for posting panic posts...this is why we are here. Don't keep your emotions bottled up! Someone is always willing to talk on this site Feel free to PM me anytime! I wish you the best and again, you are so strong. I would be a big puddle on the floor if I was in your situation lol

Thinking of you, Claire; I'm so sorry!

Thank you x