Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Emetophobia on This Morning

Is anyone else watching?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Emetophobia on This Morning

Oh I'm not sure if it's This Morning or a different program, but it's on ITV 1 now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's the speak mans. They normally are on this morning but now have their own show. I would love to have therapy with them... If only I had the money!!

I'm in tears watching it... It reflects so much about my life. The difference is though this girl has had a traumatic experience with v. I haven't im just petrified about it xx

After watching this, does anybody else get the impression that it was all a bit set up? The girl had emetophobia for 23 years i think it was, spent years without leaving the house, yet after spending an afternoon looking at a couple of boxes, and being briefly handcuffed to a baby gate, shes cured and out living life to the full again? I'm sure if emet was that easy to cure non of us would he here suffering today!

I have to agree with seany8, I don't think emet is a phobia that is easily cured like arachnophobia, emet is not just a fear of vomit, there are all the other issues associated with it, OCD, anxiety, hypochondria, agoraphobia, social anxiety, fear of losing control and selfish self obsession, it is way deeper than a fear of vomit. The speak mans are fake, in fact they freak me out a little bit.

Glad you agree with me, it really was a joke how they tried to say they cured this girl of all the things you've said, just by spending an afternoon doing nothing with her, and yeah the speakmans themselves are rather weird, and thats not mentioning the fella's haircut!