Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So, yesterday I joined this website and made a commitment to myself to get over my emetophobia. Joining this website was a big step for me - it's realizing and recognizing that I am a person who deserves to be better and wake up one day and not be afraid! (Sorry for the poor grammar haha). A few hours after I joined this website I phoned my doctor and made an appointment to see her. I am going to tell her that I am terribly afraid of v* and I am going to ask her to refer me to someone. Hey - everybody v*. And that doesn't mean that I have to anytime soon, but one day I will, and I will be ready. This doesn't mean I'm going to go down a bottle of epecac and spill my guts out! But today - I'm taking a stand

Wish me luck guys And good luck to everyone! Remember - you're people who do not have to live with this! No one does!

(P.S, I feel kinda sick right now. And I'm not going to take gravol, whatever happens, happens. And I'm going to try my best to not be afraid)

(just letting myself be notified of replies heh)

Good luck with your therapy. Welcome to this site.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Good on you, Lizzo, thats fantastic!
    I wish I had the courage to talk to a doctor about it. I just would feel
    so stupid because when you say "I'm scared of v*" it sounds so silly.
    Keep us posted with your progress and what the doctor says to you.
    Laugh, quick, before you cry....

That's so great. Acknowleding the problem is a first step. Telling someone is the next step. Coming up with a plan that feels right for you is the step after that. And then who knows where the possibilties will end...! Good on you.

I think it is really true that you have to be 'ready' to face it and ask for help. Noone 'wants' to live with it but sometimes 'putting up with it' can seem easier than taking the plunge to ask for help. So in a way I think you have to be in a place in life where the 'wanting' to get better is bigger than the fear of what you might have to do in order to get better, if you see what I mean.

On the other hand I would say don't hang around passively 'waiting'for 'the right time'... try out some other self development things in the meantime e.g a self defence class or an assertiveness class or a meditation class or even just a new hobby. You never know, it might sound wierd but opening up new areas of life might have a knock on effect to feeling able to tackle the fear... it can sorta gets the ball of life rolling againinstead of feeling stuck and trapped.

Lizzo, that is so great! I hope it goes well with your doctor - mine was really understanding when I told her, even though I was afraid she might think it was silly. Where are you in Canada? I'm in Victoria

What! You're from Victoria? I just moved from Victoria last month!!

I want to get better more than what I'll have to face. And it's going to be a gradual recovery, I mean when the time is right for me to v* or something, I'll be ready.

Wow! Where in Victoria do you live, and are you working/schooling or what?? Maybe we can get together! I'm in Cadboro Bay, near the University.

Oops, I just realized you said "from" victoria not "to" Victoria. Darn!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Hah, I lived in Gordon Head! I went to Cadboro Bay all the time