Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Hard time of year

Happy Xmas everyone,

Just wondering who's struggling at the moment? Parties with germs, all this food, turkey being cooked properly, people drinking too much, buffets, social anxiety... Just a few things that spring to mind.

My phobia is at its absolute height at a time ironically when most people feel most relaxed and are enjoying themselves, or supposed to be. Just want to curl in to a ball and cry. I'm always so much worse in winter anyway (mainly to do with noro but I've heard nothing about it this winter thankfully).

Anyone out there having a rubbish time too and could do with sown mutual support? I'm here x

Default Re: Hard time of year

Me! Mine seems to be somewhat tied to the after baby hormones though.
    I was doing so well with this phobia up until a few weeks ago it flared up again after my 3rd baby. And since then I haven't been able to eat, sleep, or enjoy anything. Therapy starts in the new year though! I'm so ready to be back in control =(

Default Re: Hard time of year

Sorry to hear that - I think big changes and life events tend to bring it on, even when they are positive things!! Eating and sleeping are the first things to go for me too. Glad you're starting therapy though - what sort is it? X