Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Worse Christmas of my Life!!!!!!

So my 5 year old daughter woke up late this morning and she was not acting herself, to weak to walk, etc and very thirsty. So she drank some milk and a ton of water. While opening presents then precded to v* water everywhere. Of course I ran away and hid myself in my room. Came out briefly then retreated for the rest of the day. My mother does not understand and is making me feel awful, no worse then I have already made myself feel like. I am still a wreck about my child, weirdest thing was then she was fine??

I had seen a therapist earlier in the year to behavior modification and some exposure therapy but it became too much. I am going to a psychiatrist regularly but just can't live like this anymore. I hate it, it controls my life!!! Help, what do you think is going on with my daughter and what do I do about me?? Feeling worse then ever

Default Re: Worse Christmas of my Life!!!!!!

I'm sorry she is ill if she is fine since then maybe she just drank too much liquid on an empty stomach and v randomly. I'm sorry. I'm a mom too and understand it's really tough.

When I was a little girl, i v almost every year on Christmas eve or day. I think it's a combination of excitement and exhaustion. Christmas is still hard for me because I associate it with v. I also have a daughter. From ages 3-10, she got the stomach bug EVERY year. I kep Clorox and water in the sink and sprayed Lysol constantly. I never got it when she did. Try to be strong for your daughter. Living with this fear takes over your life....if nothing else, we all understand here. Good luck!

For the record, my son did the SAME THING when he was 5 years old. I mentioned it in passing to his pediatrician who threw out a term that I'm forgetting. It's a common 'little kid thing'. They get dehydrated in the night, wake, drink, their bodies can't handle it and they v*. I've had a few friends who's children have done the same and my best friend who's a nurse say's it's really very common in little children. ALWAYS first thing after a long sleep. Weird.

So sorry it ruined your day! Don't worry about it though, we seriously put SO MUCH PRESSURE into the holidays, it's ridiculous! I'm sure your daughter still enjoyed her day. Let it go and enjoy tomorrow!