Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Dream-induced n*

I had a dream last night about lots of fatty fast food, and in the dream it repulsed me, then I woke up feeling nauseated by it. I can't get the image out of my head nor the nausea it caused.
    This has happened to me once before, I dreamt I ate too much and I woke up feeling full and s*.
    Is this a common thing with emets?
    The other thing is they yesterday I had terrible anxiety over eating, and was on pro anorexia websites because I'm considering fasting and not eating (though I did eat breakfast today). I wonder whether it's connected.
    Please help I feel so stressed about thus awful dream and how it made me feel😔

Default Re: Dream-induced n*

I think dreams can def induce n but you may have also been overheated in your sleep, thereby causing the n and dream. Its a cycle.

Do not read pro ana sites and fast, please. Nope. Nope. Not good. I am an EPE (extreme picky eater) and only eat about 15 different things, but I try to get in 1500-2000 calories in a day because I am so skinny. It is not a way to live. I hate it.

Dismiss the dream as a fluke. Not related to anything except fear, unconscious thoughts, etc. You are fine.

Default Re: Dream-induced n*

Ooh really? Can being too hot in your sleep really do that? I honestly cannot get the images out my head, it's strange as it's food I eat but in that dream I felt repulsed.
    I'm trying to avoid the sites but they make me very curious and are addictive.