Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Ies

Default Ies

IES has been given a bad name recently but my opinion is that any forum that has a variation of highs and lows is a living forum, healthy and evolving. We definitely have heated discussions but the reason they exist is because people feel safe being honest here THANK GOD!,,,, I think we can also safely assume that this forum started humbly without slandering or defaming any other site or persons and that it will never exclude young emets. or anyone for that matter.

SHE had a great way with words and, (faking or not) her posts seemed to be helping people, so it makes me a bit sad (and disillusioned) to see her eagerly heading for a more positive forum only to end up in a forum with strong undercurrents of animosity and open and unashamedly slandering any member unintelligent enough to belong to IES, amongst many other such hostile comments and unfortunately, she has seemingly eagerly (and quite nastily) become part of all that negativity instead of continuing to share her 'honest, uplifting, stable and even a little humorous recovery progress' I am really surprised at how often the forum alludes to IES and it's bad points and I can only say that, IF SHE is genuine, I hope she finds somewhere positive to share her progress, although from the looks of things, and if her poisonous response (addressing ALL IES members) detailed on the other website is anything to go by, the woman has certainly has a nasty streak!!!
    s
    Last edited by Mamafear; 12-27-2014 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Missed a letter or two!
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Default Re: Ies

agree 100%

Yep, also agree. Hope everyone is enjoying the festivities.

Agree, 100%. xoxo Here's to 2015 being our best year YET!

I agree, there are a variety of ages, people with different back grounds, and all different stages of this phobia. If we can't be honest with what we are feeling, then what are we doing here? With that said if you don't like, or agree with some one you don't need to announce it and make it known. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but we need to be encouraging and positive to each other!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Ditto for me!
    I think it's good that we're all so different with varying perspectives on many things whether it be emet or otherwise. In fact I don't think the boards would be quite as interesting if it weren't that way. Like I mentioned on another thread, I feel no reason to go anywhere anytime soon
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Quote Originally Posted by mhartse View Post
    I agree, there are a variety of ages, people with different back grounds, and all different stages of this phobia. If we can't be honest with what we are feeling, then what are we doing here? With that said if you don't like, or agree with some one you don't need to announce it and make it known. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but we need to be encouraging and positive to each other!
    exactly! If I don't agree with someone I either don't respond or state my opinion and move on, I don't see the point of pressing the issue.

You nailed it, Mama! Ironic to say this, but people need to chill out a bit!