Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Odds of catching something after handling money?

So I work as a "checkout chick" serving customers at a supermarket. We had a busy day and I ate some food without washing my hands.
    Now I'm freaking out so much, could I have caught something?
    I feel a little off over 24hrs later, but I don't know if it's just a panic attack or not.
    Just don't know what to do. I was doing so well, now my phobia has come back.
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

Default Re: Odds of catching something after handling money?

Chances are slim loads of people touch money everyday and eat without washing their hands and don't get ill
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

slim but can you get plastic gloves to wear? most cashiers around here do that.

I used to work retail and NEVER washed my hands. Like ever. Totally gross. I never caught anything. I agree with mdgirl though, a lot of cashiers wear gloves which is smart as money is gross. The chance of you having anything is pretty much 0.