Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Yay for inconsiderate friends! Am i going to get sick?!

So my friend asked me to go with her shopping today and as soon as I got in her car she started saying how her and her mom had V* and D* the other day. She says she thinks it was food poisoning and when I asked her when it happened she said the other day and I knew she was at her sisters the other day and I saw her the day before so i was like so yesterday? And she automatically was just like I don't know all the days are blurring together. I can't remember. Like even if she is lying or if IT WAS YESTERDAY and let's say it is a SV do you think i'm going to catch it from being in her car or by her?? I was with her for a good hour. And as soon as I got home I washed my hands. She knows I'm terrified of getting a SV and V*. Like why do people think this is okay? I could cry I'm so scared .
    Also, how do you know if you're going to get sick? Like where is the pain usually located? I know its a 12-48 hour window for symptoms. But I don't know exactly what symptoms to look. Color me paranoid. oyyyyyy.

Default Re: Yay for inconsiderate friends! Am i going to get sick?!

Remember that it's TOTALLY fecal/oral so unless you EAT THE PARTICLES you can't get it. I assume you weren't licking her hands when you were with her. Also, is she a bit of a drama queen? I hate to say it (and I'm really NOT picking on your friend), but it seems like stretch of the truth. The fact that she wasn't going to tell you when would make me think that she knows about your anxiety so she didn't want to tell you, but the fact that she brought it up and then was wishy washy makes me think she either A. Wasn't really sick yesterday or B. Is exaggerating and maybe just felt off all day. NO MATTER WHAT I can PROMISE YOU that someone who had Noro yesterday does not want to go shopping with friends today. No way, no how. So she's either really confused, is an exaggerator or is just flat out lying. You're totally safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    Remember that it's TOTALLY fecal/oral so unless you EAT THE PARTICLES you can't get it. I assume you weren't licking her hands when you were with her. Also, is she a bit of a drama queen? I hate to say it (and I'm really NOT picking on your friend), but it seems like stretch of the truth. The fact that she wasn't going to tell you when would make me think that she knows about your anxiety so she didn't want to tell you, but the fact that she brought it up and then was wishy washy makes me think she either A. Wasn't really sick yesterday or B. Is exaggerating and maybe just felt off all day. NO MATTER WHAT I can PROMISE YOU that someone who had Noro yesterday does not want to go shopping with friends today. No way, no how. So she's either really confused, is an exaggerator or is just flat out lying. You're totally safe.
    thank you! I hope you're right. Since she wasnt telling me when I was thinking she had it yesterday and she knows how terrified I am but then you pointed out the fact that there is no way she would have wanted to go out today either if it was yesterday. I can't remember if I touched my face at all after getting in her car. But I washed my hands and disinfected my phone as soon as I got home! I hope I'm safe.

You are. It's the TRUTH! Not only would she be confused about when it happened, she WOULD NOT be out and about today. NO WAY NO HOW!