Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My Date was S! in need of some reassurance im stressing here

hello everyone

so i posted a few weeks ago about a lack of love life- and i have been trying to get into the game of dating! i finally pluck up the courage to go on one- it goes amazingly well, we had pizza and a lot in common and then end then night with a goodbye kiss
    what happens? i get a text this morning telling me that he had v-ed. this has put me into hyperdrive, i cant stop panicing and counting down the hours (72) untill i am "clear" of having any symptoms, i'm supposed to be going for a family gathering tomorrow for new years but by then i will only be 48 hours in and i cant stop having panic attacks and feeling on edge. i mean he seemed fine and ate a whole pizza but i just cant help feeling very worried about this!
    some reassurance and methods for coping with panic attacks wouldn't go amiss. THIS IS WHY I DONT DATE.
    Happy New Year
    Sophie

Default Re: My Date was S! in need of some reassurance im stressing here

it may have been pizza or just flat out nerves . he wasn't sick until after he saw you so I don't think you have to worry, really.

What I need to know is - was it a good date??

Yes! to what mdgirl said!!!! If he wasn't symptomatic when he was with you there's NOTHING to worry about. You can't contract it through saliva. A whole pizza? I bet that was the cause! Enjoy being with your family and forget the stressing, you are 100% SAFE!

P.S. There is no such sv* that has an incubation time beyond 48 hours, so by that time you'll be totally in the clear, which you are anyway because you didn't catch anything!

hello hello! sorry for the late update had internet issues! as you suspected i was fine! the date was lovely, and there was a second one today (and another kiss ) - which is a bonus cos usally i would avoid for a month! x