Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Did you throw up in 2014?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 10.53%
  • No

50 87.72%
  • Not sure

1 1.75%

Hybrid View

Default Did you throw up in 2014?

Did we all have a happy old year?
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Did you throw up in 2014?

10 more hours left...I hope I stay that way for 2014

Yeah, some more hours left here too…. I hope i stay that way as well!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

No, but even if I did, we've lived to tell the tale! There are a lot of worse things that I'm glad I avoided this year. When you think of the big picture, v* is a blip!!!! I'm healthy, I have a terrific family, I got to travel a bit, if in the midst of it there was a bit of v*, so be it.

I can say with complete certainty that I will not vomit in the next eight hours, so no, I didn’t vomit this year! While my anxiety is undoubtedly leaps and bounds from where it was a year ago today, I guess it’s still fun to brag about. Here’s to a new year, and if I vomit in 2015, I’ll hopefully do it anxiety free! Which could happen, considering I'm turning 21...lol.

Also, here’s to hoping everyone here on IES has a happy, prosperous, healthy, and safe new year! Love to all of you!

there's still like 8 hours left until 2015, but in all of 2014.. no i haven't
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

Nope!!

Happy New Year from Australia. xoxo
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone" - Audrey Hepburn

No!! I'm so thankful for that omg
    Happy new year <3

Yup, four times sadly

Sorry to hear that, Chronicles. But you didn't vote in the poll. Were the four times in one illness or on different days?

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Chronicles. But you didn't vote in the poll. Were the four times in one illness or on different days?
    Three times with one sickness, once with another.

I almost said NOPE then I remembered a case of food poisoning I got in August (I think it was August?) and I missed work and was pissed because it was a Sunday.

So yes, I was sick in 2014, but it didn't define my year! I had a crazy year. It kicked off with a breakup, moving back home, getting a new job and then finished with prepping for my dream trip I never thought in a million years I could do in the same year as getting my life back on track. If anything defined my year it was being self sufficient.

Happy new year! Hope we can all say no to 2015 and many years after.

Quote Originally Posted by rrosedawsonn View Post
    Happy new year! Hope we can all say no to 2015 and many years after.
    Amen..............

Yes. Sadly.
    Life is so worth living.

Three people have reported booting but only one has checked yes. Don't just post a text answer. Check the survey box too.

No I did not.
    Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin. Hebrews 4:14-15 (84 NIV)

Yeah.. A few times :/

post deleted for my own privacy
    Last edited by JustLacey; 06-11-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Nope, and I was around sick people very often. I see that will continue well into this first month and maybe more. *wipes brow after 2014... crosses fingers for 2015*
    "This is impossible."
    "Only if you believe it is."

"I stood yesterday. I can stand today."

No, I didn't and I hope I won't throw up in 2015!
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

I did twice

Yep, but I had a great 2014. 2014 was really awesome actually. I went on an airplane and conquered much fear and tried new cuisines and moved to a new city and got second degree and oh so much more. I hope 2015 will be just as awesome. Who cares if I vomit? I just want to try new things, spend time with family and friends, and make great memories. Vomiting or not does not determine whether or not the year was a happy old year.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Dairyfreelife View Post
    Yep, but I had a great 2014. 2014 was really awesome actually. I went on an airplane and conquered much fear and tried new cuisines and moved to a new city and got second degree and oh so much more. I hope 2015 will be just as awesome. Who cares if I vomit? I just want to try new things, spend time with family and friends, and make great memories. Vomiting or not does not determine whether or not the year was a happy old year.
    Great way to look at it, Dairyfreelife!
    Come visit my history blog:

Yep, but I'm here to tell the tale! I think it happened about four times. I felt beautiful afterwards. The nausea is 100% the worst part, hands down.

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."