Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Am I going to be okay?

I'm feeling very very very anxious about v* and being out of control, all of a sudden.
    I'm tired from partying last night, but I didn't drink that much (like six drinks all night). I've been fine all day and eaten though.
    Whenever I drink even a small amount though I worry about getting a hangover. I also always feel a bit n* if I haven't had much sleep.
    Add to this I've got a cold and I'm a bit gaggy, and I'm stressed for other reasons (I have PTSD from an abusive relationship and earlier I was talking about him with a friend and I think that was the first trigger for the anxiety).
    Basically you know that hateful feeling of anxiety n* and not knowing if it's real n*? Dry mouth, shallow breaths, shaking, pacing...
    I've gone for a walk to get some air and taken some tummy settling medicine. It's helped a little.
    I hate the fact it's New Years Day and my phobia is setting in 😔 this is not how I want to begin the year.

Default Re: Am I going to be okay?

Sounds like an anxiety attack not a sv*. Focusing on something else is the way to go! Call a friend, watch a movie, go shopping, anything but sitting around thinking about v*. You're totally fine.

Default Re: Am I going to be okay?

Thank you... It's 9pm here in the UK so I'm home alone in my PJ's, going to try and watch something on the telly. It's so hard to concentrate though!!