Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This might seem like a stupid question but I was hoping someone
    might be able to put my mind at rest.
    Does anyone know if running about and dancing after you've eaten is
    likely to make you v*? In particular I'm talking about kids parties. I
    hate it when my daughter goes to a party because a) I can't control
    the food she will be eating and b) they usually have discos and seem
    to be encouraged to dance straight after eating. Has anyone else
    ever had a problem with v* after parties or am I just being paranoid.
    I would love to send her off to a party and actually feel glad for her,
    thats she having a good time, and not pacing around worrying and
    then at night sleeping on the edge of my bed because I'm terrified
    she will be up in the night.
    Laugh, quick, before you cry....

Hi....it's sad you've not gotten any replies yet....but anyway to answer your question.........I have no idea...but i know my kids do it too......well they are older now...but when they were at that age to go to alot of parties like that...they always had the cake and drinks and stuff and then went right on to the playing or whatever they were doing....i don't think it would lead to v unless they were already infected with something....i mean of course if they got over heated some kids are more prone to v....anyway hope this helps...
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Hi Polly-

If the kids do get overheated from excessive activity (especially if outdoors on a hot day)some *may* become ill. However, it will most likely occur at the time itself- not afterwards. So if they're going to v* it will be at the party and someone else will have to clean it up, haha. Some kids are really excitable and have weaker stomachs (*ahem* me), but if your kids aren't that type you're usually safe. I have been to, organized, and chaperoned many kids parties, and never had one v* incident- and the parties usually involved a whole lot of activity. If they are getting sick a few hours after the party, it could just be a bug, or the fact that they ate too much/too many sugary foods.

I would just tell your kids the same thing that was told to me as a kid- that even though parties are a lot of fun, and you get special treats that you don't normally have everyday, to make sure to eat slowly and only eat until you're full. Also, let them know that if they are running around to make sure to take a breather once in awhile and get a glass of water.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't think it would make them ill. I'm not an expert on kids parties but I do teach PE and so lots of running around is involved. Even in the lessons straight after lunch when i dread to think what the kids are gobbling up i havent had one be ill for that reason.

Its usually advised to wait 2 hours after having a heavy meal before doing exercise, but i dont think kids party food would probably constitute a heavy meal, and the guidelines arent so much to do with v* but more because of digestion (if you exercise it takes oxygen away from the stomach and to the muscles so it takes longer to digest the food and u may get indigestion).

Just remind your kids to take their jumpers off if they feel warm etc. Plus i would imagine. if a kid v* from dancing around at a party they would probably only v* that one time and so would be fine once you got them home (dont forget it wouldnt be contagious after)

Hope this helps xx

My 4-year-old daughter was recently the flower girl at a very lavish wedding, and she ate three plates of food at the cocktail hour, was chugging seltzer like crazy, and hit that dessert room with a vengeance (she ate tarts, cake, cookies, a waffle with ice cream, and fruit dipped in chocolate fondue). In between, she danced almost every dance, wildly flailing around (woulnd't dance with me--she wanted to SPIN FAST, she said). I tried to curtail her but being a member of the bridal party I decided to let her go a little crazy. Well I was TERRIFIED, especially because we shared a bed at the hotel, but she was fine .

Long story short, it probably depends on the kid. I hope it's reassuring to hear that my little peanut ate as much as a grown man, mostly sweets, and danced for 4 hours and the only result was a loooong night's sleep and a big nap the next day.

Yes this is very possible with young kids in particular. They may eat
    (or drink) a lot then run around and before you know it.... they v*.
    The food hasn't been given a chance to go down I guess. Not generally
    anything to worry about catching or lasting all that long.

If a kids going to be ill from eating n then bouncing about it happens straight away. Its illogical that itd happen later I think... n I dunno about other ppls experiences but most of the parties I went to as a kid had either cold stuff like sausages on a stick, sandwiches n chrisps to eat, or fast food, neither of which is likely to be contaminated with anything nasty- I mean it all comes straight out of packets anyway. Just train your kid not to pick food up off the floor or anything gross n they should be fineeee.

I remember when I was a wee thing, playing t-ball. Drank too much
    gatorade. Felt n* after that for long enough for the game to end and my
    parents to go to the grocery store, finish shopping and just as we were
    leaving, boom. Right there in the front, inside the supermarket. So I
    guess it can take a while to kick in.

Another time when I was a kid I ate way too much rich cake at a
    restaurant and v* right there at the table. If any of you were there
    that night, I'm so sorry for ruining your appetite!!!!! That was right
    away. I couldn't even finish dessert.

Edited by: liriodendron