Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Am I sick?

Unhappy Am I sick?

I've been wanting to join this site for a while and since I have a question I decided now is the time. My sister has health problems that cause her to V* if she doesn't properly take care of her problems. Well she came home and had V* but I had no idea it was from her health problems so I freaked out thinking she had a bug. From about 11pm to 3am I was a mess, which i am sure I don't need to describe... Anyway I was told that she was not sick and went to sleep. I hardly slept since all I could think/dream about was getting sick and I got extremely nauseated. All day yesterday i felt very nauseous and tired, I just slept all day. Now I feel a little better. So my question is, Am/was I sick or is it just anxiety? Seems a little odd I would get sick right after multiple panic attacks from worries about getting sick. I have a friend coming tomorrow (she is flying in) and I would hate to make her sick too.

Default Re: Am I sick?

If you are better than I think you are fine and not sick or contagious. Sorry your sister was ill.

Default Re: Am I sick?

It seems like you got yourself worked up. I have nearly talked myself into being sick before, though thankfully it never went as far as v*ing, but a lot of the same sort of stuff you said. If this is a known condition your sister has, it's probably more likely that it's that than a SV.