Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Boyfriend sick after visiting...help!

Total panic mode right now...so I spent the holidays with my boyfriend who is in the Navy so I dropped him off at the airport very early Saturday morning. He just texted me a half hour ago saying he v*d his brains out! I asked why, but he hasn't texted me back. It's Monday night, so it's past the 48 hour mark in case we came in to contact with something...but all I did that morning was literally drop him off, we didn't go anywhere together that morning except from my house to the airport. We didn't even go out Friday night except for the grocery store. I'm hoping we didn't both get the same thing He is very sick with a bad cold, and earlier tonight he said he took a bunch of nyquil to knock out and get some rest. Could that have made him sick? He also is generally a person that v*'s easily...you know, eats too much and will just v* like it's nothing (how we will live together when he's out of the Navy...I don't know!). What do you guys think? Help!

Default Re: Boyfriend sick after visiting...help!

It could be cold medicine or the cold. He also could have picked it up at the air port. Even if he did get an sv doesn't mean you will. You both would have had to touch the exact sme spot someone who had just been sick did and then you would have had to put your hands in your mouth

You're right, there's just always the "what if"...I end up feeling optimistic about this phobia, then BAM, something like this sends me into a panic...sigh!

Could have been the bumpiness of the flight too. Or the airline food. A number of things revolving around air travel really. You are A-OK!

he likely picked a sv* up at the airport or on the plane.... imagine all the people who go through the airport.... it's a germy place.

Thanks guys. Feeling a little better but still worried. He's resting up and on a lot of medicine. The weird part is that he never had a fever, 98.8! With flu-like symptoms and v* and d* you would think he would have a fever. Any ideas what it could be? This is now more out of concern rather than anxiety (although I'm still anxious!) Poor thing.