Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Can no sleep cause high anxiety?

So I had an awful day yesterday, I was parking up to my driveway and was chatting away to my partner about our cat Emmie. I'm totally smitten by her adorable white fluffy fur and cute pink paws and was telling my partner about something cute she'd done.

Looked over the road to check for traffic and there was my beautiful girl on the side of the road. Someone had hit my poor kitty and left her to die on the curb right outside my door. Of course I lost it and cried uncontrollably for hours. Cuddled her and stroked her until finally my partner wrapped her in her blanket and took her to the vets to bury.

Anyway, I didn't get a single bit of sleep. Anytime I closed my eyes I thought about who'd hit her, wondering if she'd suffered, wondering why nobody stopped to get her off the road. I never knew you could grieve over a cat as much as you would over a human. I'm in tears constantly and can't get the awful images out of my head.

I've been wondering about the house and now I'm starting to get dizzy and anxious, which causes my stomach to churn etc. Just basically making me feel even more crappy.
    Is this normal sort of feelings for no sleep? I expect I'll crash at about lunchtime and go home.

Bloody cat, why did she have to play in the road?

Default Re: Can no sleep cause high anxiety?

I am so sorry! My pups are my life so I can just imagine how heartbroken you are. I would definetly be feeling ill if I was in your position, could be lack of sleep or could be from being emotional, a good nap will probably help with the physical sympthoms

Cathy I had to reply because I also lost my beautiful cat suddenly the week before Christmas. He was also white and fluffy :'( mine was a house cat and had been happily playing before suddenly collapsing ( we think heart attack) and falling down the stairs in a heap and letting out a terrible cry before what must have been his last breath. I was inconsolable. I know exactly how you feel. Losing a pet is devastating and I had to take the next day off work. The tears kept coming for days and I still get weepy now. Anyway, yes you will be suffering with anxiety. Lack of sleep makes me very dizzy and uncoordinated and panicky, I think it's a normal reaction to sleep deprivation actually. Also, the trauma you are going through will affect you physically and mentally. I know I am still grieving for my boy and it takes a little time. The best thing you can do is be kind to yourself. Take it easy and try to keep stress out of your life for now, try to get back into a routine. Take a long bath after work, eat what you fancy if your stomach is playing up, even if you can't sleep just close your eyes and maybe put a candle on and some relaxing music. Just do things that you would do if you were trying to relax. I know it's hard but you will get there.

oh my gosh I am so sorry! that is just heartbreaking. high stress causes anxiety, no sleep, grief, sadness, etc. all of it. you need to care for yourself. your kitty surely loved you and would want you to be happy and not sad. she probably felt no pain, which I know isn't a great thing to say but it is probably true. she was out playing and running around and enjoying nature, like animals want to do.

HUGS.

(going to race home to talk to my son's dwarf hamster, because I can't actually pick him up, the asshole will bite me)

Thanks everyone, I'm still so upset and missing her more everyday. She was my company when I'm alone at home all day doing uni work, so it's really difficult to sit here in my silent flat without my pretty girl begging for some attention.
    She has a brother called Sam and I've realised that he's been moping around too, so we've decided we're going to find him a new buddy to play with. I guess that's my silver lining.

Thank you again to everyone for such kind comments. Xx

ah a new kitten will cheer you up! a little furball.