Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: It sooo cold!

Default It sooo cold!

Sitting at my desk with my blanket and thinking about putting on my jacket haha! It's about -7f here (-21.6c). So cold that I hate that I'm having to drink anything. Playing the violin was like playing an ice cube haha. March can't come too sooner!

How do you guys handle extreme cold?

Default Re: It sooo cold!

Lol come to Tucson its gonna be a fabulous 64 degrees today. I don't know if I'd be able to handle extreme cold like that.. Anything below 20 I generally do not like very much.
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

I'm in Chicago right now and it's about -4 degrees Fahrenheit. I keep a little personal heater at my desk (my office is always freezing, I even used it in the summer) so that's how I try to stay warm! Where are you located- in the USA?

yup -7 here in DC this morning. My son went to school like a marshmallow with an underarmour shirt, 2 shirts, a hoodie, a jacket with a hood and a hat. and soccer socks up to his knees under his sweats. I told him he could take most off in school but for now, he is a marshmallow. I am also pretty bundled. my poor fingers are all split and bleeding at the tips and knuckles from the cold wind. I can't seem to get them feeling better, even with aquaphor and lotion non stop. I got a tube of neutrogena lotion on my way to work today...that thick vaseline like stuff. I am going to cover my fingers and get my computer keyboard all greasy at work. IDGAF. better than bleeding

Even here in northern Florida we're in the mid 30s at 10:00am. The good news is that the extreme cold won't last long even a lot farther North!

I live in Wyoming and today its about 22F but all you people near the east got our cold weather. IT was like -20F for a while!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Now its down to 52 degrees but feels much colder due to the rain... lol Arizona has such bipolar weather.

I'm in Canada and today when I woke up there was a weather warning for severe freezing. It was -42 Celsius. It is currently -35. Ways toooo cold!!!!! My skin is cracking from it! I need a trip down south ��

Winters make me happy I live in WA, 48 today. I can't even fathom a negative temp

I only like the cold if it snows. Cold just to be cold is...mean. I do not approve. I am fine with a blizzard. I want to be snowed in for days so I have a reason to not leave my house. Windy cold just hurts my skin and my hair and my face and my eyeballs freeze and I hate it.

I'm in Rhode Island and we definitely felt some sort of Arctic blast today. Windchills brought the temp down to -24F last night The pipes in my bedroom froze. My space heater was on 80 all night, during the day at work I had to set it to 90 and left it in my bathroom. My pipes are thawed finally but was advised by my dad not to use my bathroom until tomorrow. Crazy!

I hate the cold. Hate isn't even a strong enough word for what I feel. So no, I don't handle it well lol
    I'm moving south once I get most of my student loans paid down. This cold is just motivating me to work even harder haha
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah A. View Post
    Lol come to Tucson its gonna be a fabulous 64 degrees today. I don't know if I'd be able to handle extreme cold like that.. Anything below 20 I generally do not like very much.
    My thoughts! Vegas has been right around 70! Amazing go away cold bring it on spring!

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    I only like the cold if it snows. Cold just to be cold is...mean. I do not approve. I am fine with a blizzard. I want to be snowed in for days so I have a reason to not leave my house. Windy cold just hurts my skin and my hair and my face and my eyeballs freeze and I hate it.
    Ewwww I'm totally a desert rat! It snowed here in Vegas on NYE and like stuck kinda! Lol and of all the years it snows on NYE we had planned a huge adults only desert bonfire. Still did it in the snow with 18 layers on Psht. It's the desert no snow. We have wind lots of it. I don't know if cold wind or wind that feels like you are in a blow dryer on high would feel better...that's our summers 115 and wind!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah A. View Post
    Now its down to 52 degrees but feels much colder due to the rain... lol Arizona has such bipolar weather.
    If you think Arizona has bipolar weather, try to come to KY.
    One day it could be 70° while the next day it would be 30°F.

Sometime last week it was in high 50s or low 60s, then the next day was in the 20s. :|

A person said that it has snowed here in June. I would not like that.
    Original Register Date w/Old Account: 27 December 2012.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm in southern California. It's currently raining and it's 55 degrees right now. We had 80 degree weather all week and al of a sudden, it's cold again, well cold for me! We have wacky weather here.

Quote Originally Posted by khernández99 View Post
    If you think Arizona has bipolar weather, try to come to KY.
    One day it could be 70° while the next day it would be 30°F.

Sometime last week it was in high 50s or low 60s, then the next day was in the 20s. :|

A person said that it has snowed here in June. I would not like that.
    This happened before I was born but it snowed on Easter once here. Crazy.