Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ibs or the dreaded SV??!

I'm soooo anxious right now because I have really bad D! (Sorry for the info) I do have ibs but not as bad as it feels tonight! My stomach is in sooo much pain and kind of mid stomach (Wheras ibs is usually lower right??) for tea I had the same as my boyfriend and stepdad and they're both fine so it can't be food although it was cooked in a lot of oil and maybe that's triggered ibs badly?? I don't know I'm just so scared it's a SV! I took paracetamol for the pain and it hasn't helped!!

Default Re: Ibs or the dreaded SV??!

I just joined today and this is my first post

Your words reads exactly like every other message I send to my mom. And every time it ends up being my ibs. But I am convinced each time it's something else, like the dreaded sv. I say try to just ride it out, take deep breaths, drink some water, and get your mind focused on something else. The panic only makes it feel worse.

Hope it eases quickly!

Thank you and welcome to the site btw I know you're probably right, my boyfriend is sat right next to me getting annoyed coz he goes through this nearly every night "OMG my tummy feels funny do I have a SV?" But tonight the d is the worst I've had in a long time and the pain is terrible that's why I'm extra anxious! (I say this every time too but I'm thinking it extra tonight)!
    I taken some of my mums 40mg 'propranolol' anti anxiety medication so I hope that kicks in soon!
    Thank you for the reassurance it really means a lot! X

That's why i HATE having IBS--each time it seems like the symptoms are different. Sometimes it seems like it's D but I realize it's probably not full-on bad. I wish the anxiety wouldn't get to me. My fears revolve around not only v* but doing it away from home and not in my 'safe' place. So being at work all day is a struggle. Any slight 'odd' feelings have me panicking and thinking I need to go home. So, I understand the feeling of "this time it's different." I think so many of us have such a strong will NOT to v* that we end up not really ever doing it much in our lives. You'll feel better sooner than later!

It's been nearly half an hour now since I started with the d if I was gonna v would it have happened by now? I just had a massive 'real' panic attack where I was sure it was gonna happen, I grabbed my boyfriends arm with such a force and just sat staring into space my whole body shaking and It was so hard to breathe it's awful I'm starting to calm down a bit now I've cried and still haven't v'd but i just feel so terrible!
    I was at the doctors today (for a cyst on my head - totally unrelated) but having just being in a doctors waiting room full of germs is worrying me I've picked something up! However everytime I come back from leaving the house I wash my hands and before cooking/every meal and after the loo... So can I even catch anything just by breathing? I'm sorry for my super long blabbing but typing/ranting is keeping me calmer too lol x

There is no way you caught something from today--and the PANIC is what is making you feel shaky and breathing funny. The problem with damn anxiety is that is makes our tummies feel worse! So we think something is wrong when it's not. I know what you mean about the massive 'real' panic attack. But that is all it is...panic. I always try to watch a tv show that is a favorite to get my mind off of it (even at work--thank god for amazon). Or write some things down. Do something that requires order and concentration. Deep breaths really help. I've started to even go on a walk outside in the backyard or even just walking to my car just to get out of my head a bit.

Now I'm really stressing coz I have D AGAIN and still terrible pain!!!! With ibs it usually happens once, maybe twice and then I'm fine and my pain goes away too but I have no idea what's going on tonight! I don't want to be going to the loo all night I want my pain to go and not to v arghhhh

I have only v'd once in 14 years and that was just over a year ago... I'm 21 so I don't really know what a SV is like except from that one experience! And that time I had this constant stomach ache that won't budge (hence I'm so worried tonight)! But as soon as it came on I started with the v and the d came afterwards... But maybe this time it's the other way around! 😩 I think my anti anxiety med has kicked know coz physically I'm not panicky... My heart rate is normal I can breathe easily and I look like I feel fine but in my head I'm going crazy!!!!! It's now officially been one hour since it started, I can't take much longer!

Oil makes my IBS flair up that is for sure. Or if i eat too many chips that are fried. I am thinking its that. It will cause Diarrhea in me as well.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Sjg, how's it going?

just got home from work and checked in. I agree with mhartse about the oil. That and any fatty food is always an ibs trigger and general belly ache. I've never had V before D but a few years ago had D first. I think you would have v by now if you had a sv. Glad the anxiety is better and hope the tummy eases up soon.

ugh I hate that. I always get different symptoms with IBS too and each time it seems like this time it's different and maybe it's IT. Doesn't help that the last time I had an sv it started in a similar way to my ibs 'attacks'. I lean towards C, but after I haven't 'gone' in a few days I'll get a day where I get N, cramps, bloating, and have to run to the bathroom several times a day. It's awful and it makes me freak out soo bad every time. Overdoing it on raw fruit or veg really sets it off for me too - which unfortunately means a lot of the time I end up sticking to an unhealthy diet of 'safe' refined white carbs