Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Hand washing or lack of!

Partner just return from supermarket with some shopping then went on to make all the lunches for us and the kids for work/school tomorrow. I say I take it you washed your hands? Him- no! Oh lovely just been pushin a filthy trolley around n now u think I'm gona eat that yuk!! Am I over reacting??

Default Re: Hand washing or lack of!

Yes you are, but we tend to do that! Think about all of the babies that sit up in that front seat and literally SUCK on the handles. How often do that catch anything from that? Rarely! Let this one go. Yes, it's gross to not wash your hands after grocery shopping and touching the cart, but in reality, the vast majority of the population do just that and are absolutely fine. Don't remake the lunches, thank him for doing it and find something else to focus on.

Realistically, chances are slim, but I would be freaked out because I am a germaphobe.

I'm just going to let them eat it but I really couldn't force myself to eat it il have to get something else in work and bin his so he doesn't know ( they wear gloves in work when making the food lol) He's really starting to make me dislike him he has no idea how something as petty as not washing your hands then preparing food, can send me into sheer panic and the more I tell him and shout at him the more he does stuff like this to wind me up further

And it's not that when I'm making his lunch with clean hands lol

my now ex husband was shockingly dismissive of my feelings and fears as well. honestly, it is part of why we aren't together. I couldn't be with someone who was unable to accept my fears and at least modify a bit around them...mainly washing, cleaning, etc. nothing crazy. the straw was when he pulled out chinese food from the trash can that I threw out like 8 hours prior and he tried to heat it up to feed us. It was a week old. And in the trash!

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    it was a week old. And in the trash!
    oh my gosh!

yup. we had our issues otherwise but honestly, that was so gross. he just didn't get it. so we split. and a efw times I found mold on our sons bottles from his house . a few times he sent him with bad food for lunch and school called me. lots of times I just pray that he doesn't fuck up too bad. and our son is almost 8 so he (my son) is able to actually TELL me things and advocate for himself.

Omg that's shocking a week old curry from the bin !!!! It really is not rocket science to have basic hygiene thankfully your son is old enough now to know himself where and what to avoid. We have a young lad that lives with us and goes to his mums house once a week and she's pretty much like what you described in your ex husband when he was younger he stayed 3 nights with her a week and came back smelly and filthy and told us himsef the cats had done their business on his bed and he had to sleep in it and move the soiled parts over as she wouldn't change it, all their dirty clothes were bagged up and left in a wardrobe just crazy filthy stuff really so it's no wonder he only visits the once a week now! Some people have no common sense!

^ including my partner and his dirty bread rolls lol

I'd be the same lol. It seems everyone we all know doesn't wash their hands as much as us... maybe we are the weird ones? hehehe
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My photography Tumblr:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No. Not in my opinion, anyway. I think it is common good practice to wash one's hands after returning home from anywhere... especially before preparing food... and even more especially food that will be consumed uncooked/unheated! I wouldn't eat it. That said, chances are it would be OK, but there is a chance he touched germs, so better safe than sorry.

He ate some that he prepared last last along with our 2 year old I didn't stop my 2 year from eating it I said nothing because I don't want him to be affected by my phobia so I'm not overly hygienic on him. I do get him to wash his hands before meals but nothing major. They are both fine this morning but I'm still not risking eating my lunch lol! Even if I didn't have this phobia I'd know to wash my hands before preparing food it's the most basic hygiene practice you learn it in playschool !!