Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Food poisoning?!

So im 15 and have always had anxiety so I'm super panicky atm! I went out to a proper Italian restaurant and I didn't eat any meat but and hour or so after my tummy kept making noises and I had dioreeah (sorry if this is gross) and I haven't had that in years! And I'm just scared if it's a tummy bug or poisoning?! I just want to know for sure that I'll be okay! I can't bear the idea of throwing up and I keep thinking about it!!

Default Re: Food poisoning?!

I know what it's like to be so young and dealing with anxiety. You are not alone. This has happened to me before after eating at restaurants and I've been fine. Sometimes just because we eat a different meal than we are normally used to, it gives us diarrhea. WHICH IS OKAY. If we eat at home a lot and are used to our home cooked meals then even a slightly different meal at a restaurant can upset us a bit, but it usually doesn't involve *v I don't think. Maybe it was just a rich dish, a lot of sauce or something. Try to think of something else (easier said than done). Go get some fresh air, watch tv, having a hot shower and do some deep breathing. Think of whatever makes you happy. If it's a proper Italian and reputable restaurant, fear not. Don't let the anxiety get too bad, it's much easier to start feeling positive mentally when your anxiety hasn't gone on too long.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My photography Tumblr:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Italian restaurants do that to me every time! Lol. I think it's just the spices they use. Gets ur bowels moving...
    I've actually heard that it's one of the way to bring on labour because it makes u poop. And diarrhea stimulates ur uterus... kind of a cool fact lol.

Pop that baby out with some nice spaghetti....jk

Anyways it's probably the spices and sauces used. If you consumed anything with tomatoes, that can be another cause because tomatoes are pretty acidic. You'll be fine

Aw thankyou all so much, appreciate it