Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Journaling

Red face Journaling

I wanted to share something that I feel has helped me tremendously while I've been struggling lately. I've started journaling when I felt the need to release anxious thoughts and let me tell you.. it works. I don't pressure myself to do it or keep a schedule of when to do it. It's whenever I need to and that's the most helpful part. If you are interested in trying it, I suggest you don't make a "routine" or anything because it will seem like "one more thing" you are responsible for but just use it as a tool when you have racing thoughts, are feeling sick and just need to say how you truly feel. I wrote almost 4 pages the other night of just random thoughts. Not in any order, messy, and all over the place but afterwards I felt better knowing I got out how I felt about what was bothering me.

So if you think you want to try it, it helps to get a nice looking journal (mine is purple and blue with cute little flowers- super girly haha!) and keep it on your bedside, coffee table, or wherever you feel comfortable.

Just thought I'd pass this on from someone who was opposed to journaling for years!
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

Default Re: Journaling

great post! I agree I journal as well. My OCD kind of made it a "to do" thing, but Ive slightly gotten away from it. IT does help to just write it all down. Let it out with no judgement. Even if some one doesn't like to write, it doesn't have to be much. And its nice to look back and see the progress you've made!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Default Re: Journaling

I totally agree! I'm not someone who likes writing (although I've been told I'm pretty good at expressing my thoughts) and I really hate to write for school or anything but when I'm journaling, it's just for me and I know nobody else is going to judge how much or how little I write. It's just something I can rely on to be my own and not worry about the way I write or what I wrote.
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-