Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry Winter = THE Worst

I've allllwaayyss hated winter. Not because of the cold (which sucks) but because it's when everyone gets the sv*.
    I live in a house with my 4 younger siblings and 2 parents so I feel like once one person gets sick, everyone gets it. I share a bathroom with my siblings (3 of who are boys) and they are SLOBS!! I am always cleaning it for my sake because they obviously don't care.

Anyway, God forbid any of them get the sv* how can I NOT get it? They are hardly hygenic and I have to often yell at them to cover their mouths and wash their hands after going to the bathroom. It's like I'M the mom.

I hate living in my house during sick season. I need help.

Default Re: Winter = THE Worst

I understand your pain, it can be a stressful time of the year.
    If it's any reassurance there are many people who have had people in their house that have fallen ill with sv* yet they haven't caught it. It's a common idea that once someone in the house gets it, everyone will get it - but this isn't always going to be the case if you're careful.

What you need to remember is the illness can only be contracted if you eat it. So as long as you wash your hands thoroughly before eating/touching your face you will be fine.
    Even if your brothers aren't very clean as long as you remain hygienic and wash your hands before putting your fingers anywhere near your mouth then you'll be fine

How old are you siblings? 5 kids in all? WOW! I can understand how bugs travel in large families, because as a mom I can't even begin to imagine trying to 'stay on top of' that many kiddos. That being said, nobody can make you get sick. If your hands are clean, regardless of the circumstances surrounding you, you can't catch a sv*. Don't let the anxiety get to you - all is well, nobody there is sick. Take things one day at a time. TODAY nobody is sick - enjoy it! Tomorrow will take care of itself.

I always wondered about winter... I'm pretty sure things are going around all months of the year. The only reason winter is more common is because people spend a lot of time in doors. Try not to think the worst, it won't do you any good (I know it's easier said than done). In no time at all either you or some of your siblings will move out! Not sure how old you are but things in life change, just enjoy living with your siblings because one day you'll all have to live on your own and be responsible for everything and it will be a massive drag because you won't see them much. Hang in there!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My photography Tumblr:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.