Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Somebody please help

Okay so I am so tired of being anxious and afraid and not being able to go a complete day without constantly worrying about getting sick. For some reason I think about me getting nauseous for no reason and me getting sick out in public. I need reassurance that a person is not going to get nauseous for no reason and that if I be sure to stay healthy my chances of getting nauseous are slim, and especially if I eat proper foods for my body and not overeat. Also, for some reason my mind doesn't believe that I would have time getting to the bathroom if I had to be sick. And finally, my brain thinks that nausea is SO UNCOMFORTABLE AND I WON'T BE ABLE TO HANDLE IT AND THRWOING UP IS THE WORSE THING EVER!! I need someone to walk me through this.

Default Re: Somebody please help

I know your exact thought process and I'm sure others on this site would agree with me. You're not alone. In saying that, it doesn't mean it's okay to torture yourself with these thoughts all the time. Something I've been told and have realised but have not yet become totally comfortable with is... the fact that you have to trust that you, your head, your body, everything, will be able to COPE and DEAL with what we fear. It's a difficult concept to grasp I totally understand, but it is a start for trying to settle your thoughts and anxieties. Try saying to yourself, "maybe it will happen, but maybe it won't!"... ask yourself whats the worst that could happen and then keep asking yourself, so? why is that so bad? keep asking questions after the next to get to the bottom of what it is you're anxious about in a situation. I hope that makes sense. We are human, we are built to withstand some pretty insane things... we have survived wars, we've survived life with mammoths, we've survived tragedy (both manmade and natural)... we have come so far, trust that you can handle whatever you specifically fear. Sending positive vibes your way hang in there, I struggle with this all the time, I'm speaking positively now but that doesn't mean I don't get down like you too.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My photography Tumblr:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.