Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default why do I think its everywhere?

Can someone PLEASE SPECIFIY this in a way I'll understand once and for all. Okay, so this morning I had my Bible out reading it and all that. I go to breakfast and get my fork out of the drawer .......all this without washing my hands. However, I havn't been anywhere this morning. Then, my fork slides down into my plate and is laying in it, the part I touched and all that. For some reason, my mind wants to think that OMG there could've been noro particles on my Bible from where I had shook peoples hands and and then I touched it. I have this same thought process for everything. GRRR

Default Re: why do I think its everywhere?

I do the same. I waste so much food and plates and cutlery doing this (tossing it if it slides down etc). Yikes.. Thought I was alone lol!
    Jon Miazma Watsky forever <3

It's your ANXIETY speaking, not reality. The best thing to do is to tell yourself, 'No, this fork is clean, there are no particles on it' and continue with what you were doing. The more you talk back the less often you'll hear the voice.

I do exactly the same, it's worse at the moment what with it being noro season.
    I used to only wash my hands if I'd gone to a particularly dirty place before eating (such as busy places, subways or public transport etc) however now I do it all the time in my own house, even if I haven't been out! It's ridiculous