Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My family is sick, im panicking please help?

So yesterday my sister found out she had the flu (possibly pneumonia) she v* also yesterday, that scared me. Now my grandmas down stairs v* and my moms at work v*. I am totally panicking, because I had contact with my mom last night, she filled up my ice water. I made her scrub her hands and wear a napkin on her hand so she didn't touch any exposed surfaces. That was it though. I do share a room with my three sisters ( the one who has been sick sleeps downstairs). I have Isolated myself in my room which I feel will help a little until tonight when my two little sisters (who have had contact with my mom today) go to bed. I refuse to sleep in case I or my little sisters come down with it. I would be washing my hands a lot more if the bathrooms weren't only downstairs around my grandma and sister. Help? Anything will help...

Default Re: My family is sick, im panicking please help?

So sorry you are going through this. It's really hard when it's in your own house. I would just try to take care of yourself, wash your hands often, eat well and sleep well so you don't get run down. People say grape juice may have some protective properties to it. I always try to eat more garlic too, raw, with meals. I've also heard probiotics help with the good bacteria in the gut. Hang in there hun, and keep us posted.

Default Re: My family is sick, im panicking please help?

Oh man, that's rough. Remember that this won't last forever. Your Grandmother and mother will be better really soon and be able to care for anyone else who gets sick. A stomach bug ISN'T the end of the world. It feels like an emergency but it's not. You're going to make it through this. You're tougher than you realize. Keep us posted. Everything will be ok.