Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm at work but my husband just caled me and told me that he has d* really bad. He has already gone three times this morning. I am so scared that he has a sv! He said he wasn't n*, but that could kick in at any minute. I am scared because I kissed him before I left this morning. He said that he could never go back to sleep after that because that was when his stomach started to hurt.

It's probably just nerves, but ever since he told me my stomach is in knots. I keep having to go to the bathroom, but not d*. I am so scared I am going to get this!

Now I keep getting looser and looser. I don't know if it's from anxiety or what. The reason I am so freaked out about him having d* is that this is the same thing that happened the last time he had a sv. He got up in the morning, had bad d* but wasn't n*, then on his way to wok the n* hit him and he was really sick for the next two days - including v*. I didn't get it from him then, but I didn't kiss him then either. My stomach won't stop hurting. I can't even concentrate on any work. I have to keep running back and forth to the bathroom. Please make it stop!

I'm sure it's just nerves for you. Even if he has a sv and you kissed him this
    morning you wouldn't be having symptoms of it so soon. In my experience,
    most sv's start with n* and v*, then go to d*. Sort of like it works it's way
    from one end (mouth) to the other (rear). So if he's having d* but no n* or
    v* he probably just ate something that didn't agree with him. You're fine
    though, I'm sure it's just the panic of having him s* that's getting to you.

OK, try (I know it's hard) to calm down for a minute. Could he have eaten anything that didn't agree w/ him? Is he under stress? New medication? There's a billion reasons for diarrhea that don't mean stomach viruses. Your's sounds like nerves especially since it began so soon after hearing he wasn't feeling well.Plus every bug is different, just because n* and v* came later for him last time doesn't mean it will this time if it is in fact a virus. As for kissing him, he wasn't showing symptoms yet and according to everythign I've ever read (including the CDC website) a person isn't contagious until they start showing symptoms. Also, your body is going thru a lot right now anyhow being pregnant and you are nervous about that and now your hubby so yours really does sound like nerves. Eat mildly but still eat today and check inw / him now and then. I'm sure you'll both be fine. Hang in there![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Hey I just read one of your post in madisonmom's ultrasound post and you said you were constipated and trying to naturally "loosen" up, it might be working and that could be the cause of your bathroom visits.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I agree with simply me, things could just be trying to get back to normal. Do your best to try and calm down, getting this excited when you aren't sure if it's a virus isn't going to do you or your baby any good.How are you feeling now?
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Try to calm down. I am sure your nerves are making your stomach hurt and go to the bathroom. You are not near him...your fine. Plus you have been drinking juices too and I am sure that plays a part in it too. Just try to stay away from him...I know that sounds terrible.

Wash your hands...you know the drill. Just do what you did last time and you will be just fine!

You are right, I have been constipated, so in the long run this is probably helping. I haven't gone for a while, but I have had a little bit of cramping. This scares me so much because I know stress isn't good for the baby, but thinking that way just makes me stress more. The last time I talked to him was about 45 minutes ago. He still swears he isn't n* "his stomach just hurts." He was on his way to the bathroom again when I hung up with him. He did want to try and eat something. He said he was going to try a bowl of cereal but I told him to stay away from dairy and try a banana instead. I want to call him again, but I am trying to give him another 45 minutes or so. Hopefully by then he will have it out of his system and I can relax. You can bet I will be cleaning the bathrooms when I get home though!

We ate the same thing for dinner last night - chicken, noodles, a salad and rolls. I made the chicken so you can bet it was cooked thoroughly! He had a hot dog from the little stand outside his work for lunch. He said it tasted funny, like it wasn't cooked enough. Wouldn't that have hit him earlier, though, if that's what it was?

I couldn't get into details about his d* since I am at work and people can hear me. I wanted to know if it was really watery or not. A lot of times he calls anything out of the norm d* so I can usually tell by that if he is really sick or not. He just said it really hurt. I hate this waiting game! Sitting here waiting to hear from him and then waiting to see if I get it. I can't wait until her is done with school and finds a new job to get him out of retail. I hate the fact that he is around so many people and germs all day long because he is horrible about washing his hands before he eats. Then again, he doesn't care if he gets sick.

Why did I kiss him????!!!!Edited by: sillygirl

I just talked to him again and he said he was laying down. He has gone a few more times and never did eat anything. I am dreading having to go home from work now. I have 5 more hours here and then I have to go. I really hope he feels better soon. He is claiming it was the hot dog and that he really didn't feel that great last night either. He sounds really bad. I can tell he is sick whether he wants to admit it or not. Ugh. I can't do this!

I am really sorry you are having to go through this now.......try to just think about something good...i know it's next to impossible when someone you know is sick...but just know that is will pass....if that helps any....i know it's hard to think of that at a time like this....i will be thinking of you...hope he gets well soon and that you stay well......just remember to keep yourself well by eating right....K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

another thing i would say to do to ensure your health is take vitamins, and like kate 1966 said eat right. also i would say do some exercize at least 45 minutes to elevate your heart rate and raise your immune system. also it will help get your mind off of everything going on hope that helps!

I like Nick's idea. Get those white blood cells zipping through your body.

And maybe get a new husband because this one gets sick too often.

This sounds like what my husband and children had over the summer. My husband never v'd or felt nauseous, but he had diarrhea and his stomach hurt. I was freaked out about it just like you are because I had kissed him before he left for work. Then like four hours later, he was home sick with the diarrhea. I DID NOT get it ........ even when my children had it. I know it is so hard not to worry, I feel your pain. I hope he gets to feeling better soon!!!! I agree with everything simplyme said also. Keep us posted!!!!

I talked to him again about a half an hour ago. He sounded better. He said the d* seemed to have stopped. He has eaten a banana, but that's it. Nothing else sounded good. He said he isn't n*, and he still insists he never was. Hopefully it was just something he ate that his system didn't agree with. I am still going to go home and clean like a mad woman though!

Normally I would take some extra vitamin c to boost my own immne system, but I don't think I am supposed to do that. I am taking my prenatal vitamins, so that should help somewhat. I have to keep eating or I will feel n*. I am trying to stick to bland things, so it doesn't aggrevate anything. I am working on a plain baked potato now.

Keep your fingers crossed for me - hopefully it wasn't really a sv. I will know better when I actually get home though. I will try to enjoy my last few hours at work!

I hope everything turns out good for you and that your poor husband gets over this quickly...you know sometimes we all just get a bout of D for the simple reason to just clean us out....and you said something about you have been constipated...i am sure that is why you are going now so much....b/c when you get fear in you about someone else being sick...your system automatically lets everything go...i know if i think someone in my house is going to be sick...or they are sick...then i will be in the bathroom a hundred times doing a number 2.......and it's just my nerves emptying out...really i don't think you have caught anything........like i said before...just make sure you keep food in you and take your vitamins....so you can stay healthy....best of luck to you girly...K
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Quote Originally Posted by liriodendron

Hey i know you are probably only joking, but comments like this are not constructive nor helpful. I know we have to laugh at emet and all but lets try and be a lil sensitive yeah?
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

you will be ok silly girl...tell him never eat off a roach coach again although i know sometimes its the only option!!!!!!

It' not really a roach coach. He works at Lowes, and they have these permanent hot dog/chips/soda stands between the exit doors. It's quick and cheap and he eats there way too much. I just talked to him again and he sounds like he is back to his old self. I will still be cautious when I get home (of course) but I am thinking it probably wasn't a full blown sv. He got over it way to fast if it was. Thank you all for your support! I don't know how I survived before I found this site!

Good to hear that your DH is feeling better. I hope you are calmer to. I'm sure you and him will both be fine!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Whew!! I missed this whole thing as it was happening, and I'm so glad it looks to be nothing at all. Keep us posted though!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Im glad to hear he is feeling better!!!!

I'm not sure what it was. I just got home. He is acting totally normal. He wants me to makethese 5 cheese shells with marinara sauce for dinner. DOes that mean it wasn't a sv?

He said he had d* A LOT and that it was pure watery d*. In my experience, I only get that with a sv. Is that really true? Could he have had that bad of d* just from something he ate or stress? I just remembered he had a really bad day at work yesterday and was really stressed out.

I am leary about how to act. I know I am going to wash the sheets and clean the bathrooms and stuff. I would just feel better if I knew if it was really a sv or not.

I have had awful d* with no nausea or any other symptoms and I had no idea why. I am sure that if he wants to eat like that, that it was not a sv. Glad to hear he's feeling better.
    \"This too shall pass\"

my husband gets the runs all the time its men for you it was something he ate not a sv he would be bad by now if it was a sv

Whatever it was, I am glad he is better and he did not v**.

Stella

Quote Originally Posted by hippychick

Quote Originally Posted by liriodendron

Hey i know you are probably only joking, but comments like this are
    not constructive nor helpful. I know we have to laugh at emet and all
    but lets try and be a lil sensitive yeah?

I apologize for the comment about finding a new husband. I will try to
    behave myself in this forum from now on.

But I mean what I said about the white blood cells!!!!

That's a good idea!