Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Exposure!!??

Exclamation Exposure!!??

I was at Macy's. If you know the store, you know they have multiple floors with the option of stairs or a elevator, or escalator. I went there today and choose the stairs. I had been going down when a group of women suddenly stopped and started to jump. There was v* on the stairs! I was about 3 steps away and smelt it. I now have a headache, from smelling it, but I'm not contributing that with being sick. Will I catch the dreaded sv* from this v* puddle of the stairs? I ran up the stairs and took the elevator. I was standing there for 30seconds to a minute.
    If you can dream it, you can do it.

-Walt Disney

I Am (week and day) Pregnant

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Exposure!!??

I do not know when the v* puddle was created, but it was in the past 30 minutes because I had gone down those stairs that long ago. I do not think I stepped in it at all, pretty much cleared myself from stepping in it

-Walt Disney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Honestly, I don't think you will.

It's always been my assumption that you have to ingest the particles. So basically touching anything that has particles on it then not washing your hands before you eat. The only time I'd think it would be a problem (as in breathing it in) is A) If someone v* around you, the particles could spray out or propel due to splashing, or if you flush an unclean toilet with v* particles with the lid up.

This is all assuming it's not v* due to food, or something non-contagious.

Also, my (amazing!) mother cleaned up my v* so many times as a child, and there was only one sv I had where she also go it. But I also v* right next to her. And the entire family (I was only 3) and everyone got it. But that was incredibly contagious to begin with and was the classic dreaded Noro. But other times, she was fine.

I've been in the situation where I was around v*. It's nasty but it's like water. Just because you see a puddle of water doesn't mean you'll get wet from it; it's still.
    I wouldn't go up and take a big wiff of the stuff (eww) but just simply being in the same room as it likely will not do anything.

I was on a school bus on two different occasions where someone v*. I had the unfortunate displeasure of having to sit on the bus while v* rolls up and down the aisle and under the seats, because driver didn't want to stop and clean it. Blugh! The on time it happened I got off at the same stop as the kid that v'ed. But I was okay despite the v* constantly passing under my feet.

Bleh, to your bus situation! I'll stress out about it for the next few days, I hope Im not going to catch whatever the person had, if it was not contagious, that'd be a miracle. Still very scepticle but if I were replying to someone else's thread with this problem, I'd reply the same as you, the particles aren't airborn. Thanks, Razzle. For the bit of information having someone else confirm, and having that bit of relaxation.

-Walt Disney

I actually did step in v* once at my school (scared the sh*t outta me). Didn't get s*. I honestly doubt that you'll get an sv*

I HIGHLY a doubt you will get sick, I know our first reaction is to freak out but in all reality a pile of v* means nothing. It could have happened for MANY of reasons, and frankly someone with Noro is highly unlikely to be climbing multi level stairs, they would feel way to crappy. AND if it was noro the virus particles had settled by the time you were near it they don't just longer in the air!

You can't catch the nv by breathing next to some v* the only way you can catch it is by the person v* and not washing there hands and you touching something they touched and touching your face I'm sure you'll be fine I think us with emetaphobia are always thinking the worse and that makes us panic and panic makes us poorly so just relax have a cup of coffee you'll be fine

Had a similar experience today. I got a little upset but did not have a full fledged panic attack so I feel kinda proud of myself, especialy since a coworkers out with a possible sv. Breatheee!!!