Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My brother has an SV and I can't cope at all

Hi everyone, think I'm going though a total nightmare.
    I travelled to be with my relatives this weekend.
    When my dad picked me up at the train station - he broke the news my brother was ill.
    I burst in to tears as he was driving me back the house.
    Transpires he was s* a few times at school (he's 17) then my mum picked him up and brought him home. He went straight to bed. He's a typical teenager who stays in his room most of the time anyway. He had a bucket he was ill in his room - and his own bathroom he used too but he also shares this with my parents (there's three bathrooms but I won't bore you with the geography, there's a bathroom I use which he doesn't.
    When I got home I avoided touching door handles and light switches and have washed my hands several times with soap and water.
    My dad made me some food - he also washed in his hands. My brother hadn't been near the food prepared or where it was prepared. He did come down once to put the kettle on - my mum then bleached it and the surrounding area.
    I've not had hardly any physical contact with any of my family.
    My mum did make up my bed however. She said she has been washing her hands too.
    My brother cleans my grandad's house for pocket money, and does this on a Wednesday. Last week my grandad had a tummy bug, so that's how we think he caught it. It's surprising though as my brother like me is germphobic and good and washing his hands, etc.
    I've been surviving all of this by taking diazepam. It's now 4am in the UK - I have had a few hours sleep but now I have awoken absolutely panic-stricken.
    I am staying here until tomorrow evening. This is my idea of complete hell.
    Please help, this is unbearable.

Default Re: My brother has an SV and I can't cope at all

Anybody there? I am really suffering with anxiety n* x

Remember that this is normal. It's not Ebola, it's not Cancer, it's a stomach bug. We make it to be SO MUCH BIGGER than what it is. It's a simple little virus that makes you feel bad for a few hours.

Your parents are being so helpful and careful, you really couldn't ask for more. You know how you contract this thing and how to avoid it. You'll be fine. I'm sure of it!

Doesn't feel simple to me.
    It feels horrific, prolonged nausea and feeling so out of control.
    My dad had stomach pains this morning and a temp. Now everyone is fine. But I could still catch it up until tomorrow when I leave here. I have avoided my brother all weekend. Not eaten in the house. Washed hands loads. Avoided door handles and switches. Avoided human contact. I don't know what else can be done.

I understand. I have 4-year-old twin sisters who BOTH have the stomach flu right now, and I'm a nervous wreck. I haven't left my room in days, and we're in the middle of what appears to be a small blizzard, so school is more than likely going to be cancelled for at least one day. (I'm probably the only high school kid alive who actually wants to go to school tomorrow.) I feel trapped in my own house, which is one floor, by the way, so it's not like I can go to the basement or somewhere where I can't hear it. It's gotten so bad that I've been sleeping as much as possible so I can escape this awful, panicky feeling. If you need someone to talk to who understands, I'm here.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFlo View Post
    It feels horrific, prolonged nausea and feeling so out of control.
    Cancer patients have 'prolonged nausea', people with Crohn's disease have 'prolonged nausea', people with a simple stomach bug that lasts a few hours don't have prolonged nausea. You need to keep this in perspective. EVERYONE gets a bug now and then. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. I'm saying it lovingly because you're letting this fear get the best of you. You'll be fine.

You're a troll and I don't think you should be on this site.
    Congratulations, your message has given me a panic attack.
    Phobias by their very definition are 'irrational fears' and are often routed in real psychological trauma from childhood - mine included. Would you accuse someone who was depressed or who had anorexia as making a 'mountain out of a molehill'?
    Think before you speak.

A Girl with Camera I will PM you sweetheart x

You're a troll and I don't think you should be on this site.
    Congratulations, your message has given me a panic attack.
    Phobias by their very definition are 'irrational fears' and are often routed in real psychological trauma from childhood - mine included. Would you accuse someone who was depressed or who had anorexia as making a 'mountain out of a molehill'?
    Think before you speak.

Oooooookkkkkkkkkkkk..................

Best of luck to you!

SYRUP I think you are a very insulting person! Nausea for an emetophobia is prolonged and is no different to them with cancer! Emets can not vomit like your everyday person! It's mind over matter and our brains won't let us vomit you idiot! You clearly don't really have emetophobia because your talking absolute rubbish! You are not being sensitive which as an emetophobic person you wouldn't be talking the way you are, you are not helping this member at all and you clearly are here to upset members, I advise you not to carry on with this behaviour or you will be reported and kicked off!!!!
    A phobia only rules your life if you let it..

Quote Originally Posted by harmony18 View Post
    SYRUP I think you are a very insulting person! Nausea for an emetophobia is prolonged and is no different to them with cancer! Emets can not vomit like your everyday person! It's mind over matter and our brains won't let us vomit you idiot! You clearly don't really have emetophobia because your talking absolute rubbish! You are not being sensitive which as an emetophobic person you wouldn't be talking the way you are, you are not helping this member at all and you clearly are here to upset members, I advise you not to carry on with this behaviour or you will be reported and kicked off!!!!
    Interesting coming with someone who has a subline indicating that 'A phobia only rules your life if you let it'. I've chosen NOT to let it. I have a good friend dying from cancer. She v*s DAILY. THAT'S A BIG DEAL. I have another friend who was released from the hospital today after having surgery on her intestines because of her Crohn's disease. THAT'S A BIG DEAL. Your belief that a sv* is a big deal IS FEEDING YOUR PHOBIA!!!!

Don't call me an idiot. You're the insulting person. Funny that you're name is 'harmony' when all your doing is creating the opposite. I didn't say anything rude, but you're comment to me really pisses me off.

P.S. There's no one here to report to, if you were an active part of this board you would know that.

You're clearly allowing your personal circumstances to cloud your judgment of other people. I have lost someone close to me to cancer not so long ago but I do not go round on this site making other people feel bad for having a clinical phobia where a SV to them is a 'big deal' to the point where people have contemplated or attempted suicide. If you don't think that's a 'big deal' then I pity you as no single person's life who is more precious that another.

If it doesn't rule your life I don't know why you're on here except to upset other people.

If you've bothered to read the forum code of conduct there are moderators on here and they can remove you from the site.

You're clearly allowing your personal circumstances to cloud your judgment of other people. I have lost someone close to me to cancer not so long ago but I do not go round on this site making other people feel bad for having a clinical phobia where a SV to them is a 'big deal' to the point where people have contemplated or attempted suicide. If you don't think that's a 'big deal' then I pity you as no single person's life who is more precious that another.

If it doesn't rule your life I don't know why you're on here except to upset other people.

You made a CHOICE to feel bad, I told you that I was saying out of love! You shouldn't come asking for advice unless YOU ACTUALLY WANT ADVICE!!! Maybe you should say, 'only those willing to coddle me and feed my phobia' in the status.

Whatever, you're not worth my time. Good luck, and I mean it, you're going to need it. I can't imagine living my life where I freak out all over anyone who doesn't agree with me. Someday I do hope that you try to RECOVER, your insistence that everyone help you to continue to see your phobia as a big bad monster is going to take you into a very dark place. I've been there, it's not pretty.

No need to reply, I won't be reading it.

Syrup you have no room to judge me on my screen name or on my quote I don't care about your friends to be honest! And yes you was room bc you brought cancer into the thread when she was asing for support not insult! I'll have you know I've been a member for yours! Go on my profile it will tell you but ive not been on here for about a year! I've had friends who have been sick for different reasons but don't mean I'd use it to insult a member who is in a state of panic and needs help not being talked to like she is 5 years old or that she's an un greatful person! Your the rude one love

More abuse. Wow. You really are showing people on here your true colours.
    I don't feel 'bad' thanks, but I think you may be someone who likes to think they know someone and their circumstances and make a judgment. A far bigger flaw than having a phobia. And certainly not 'love'.
    Telling someone how they feel is making a mountain out of molehill is not giving advice.
    I think you're the one who needs the luck, if this is how you talk to people. But maybe you can because you hide behind a computer. That makes you a troll.
    I don't agree with your attitude, no, and I can guarantee most people on here wouldn't either.
    Recovery is a different path for everyone and referring to this phobia as a 'big bad monster' shows that whilst you may have 'recovered' from your phobia, you have no empathy for those battling with it.
    Did you really think your comments were going to suddenly cure me and make me 'recover?' How arrogant.
    Don't get a job in mental health will you, you won't last five minutes.
    Last edited by LittleFlo; 01-25-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Laura I'm so sorry this person has turned on you too. Unfortunately bullies don't like to be stood up to. You keep going and I will too, phobia or no phobia I hope I never end up like 'Syrup' making people's days harder to bear than they already are! X

It's ok little Flo they clearly have bigger issues and yes others won't agree with the advise syrup had gave you! X

Syrup - rise above, my love. Your advice was rational and calm. Emet nausea is very different than cancer patients. Cancer patients are nauseous around the clock from chemo. My dear friend is on his 24th cycle of chemo and is literally nauseous 24/7. He is facing dying. Emet nausea comes and goes. It is dramatically different.

Why would you advocate a member coming on to another's thread talking about cancer and making it about them? The whole point of this forum is for members to post a thread and get support for THEIR situation. I never posted anything about cancer - and again why do it? I've just lost someone to cancer, I would never come on here talking about that to people I don't know who are asking for advice about THEIR worries?
    Nausea is nausea. The CAUSE may be more serious, but the nausea itself is the same. Some people have bugs whereby they too feel nauseous 24/7. Yes the illness may be self-limiting but it doesn't meant they feel any better than someone with cancer. And why are we even comparing? What good does that do? It's not a competition to see who has the worst nausea.
    Cancer is an horrific illness which is truly devastating - but this board is for people suffering from emet specifically. You don't go round making people with emet feel guilty, when they are already feeling low and genuinely anxious or depressed, by talking about cancer. Utterly warped logic.
    Last edited by LittleFlo; 01-25-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Get of the subject of cancer this is about a phobia and feeling nauseous is no different to having a sv or cancer, get a grip.. Leave little Flo alone and then people will leave syrup alone.. Everyone's happy, ps syrup say sorry then others will..

Get of the subject of cancer this is about a phobia and feeling nauseous is no different to having a sv or cancer, get a grip.. Leave little Flo alone and then people will leave syrup alone.. Everyone's happy, ps syrup say sorry then others will..
    Um, say sorry for what, exactly? All I see is two drama queens completely overreacting, and attacking a long-time member for absolutely no reason. You both seem to have lost the plot.

More abuse...
    Apparently if you're a 'long time member' you can say what you want...

gypsy - thank you, love. no reason to attack syrup or I for being honest.

if you both (harmony and little flo) don't want out advice, neither syrup or I will respond to your threads. easy peasy

Well said - though I like your posts MD Girl!

More abuse...
    Apparently if you're a 'long time member' you can say what you want...
    As abusive as you two calling Syrup a troll and an idiot.
    Last edited by gypsybird; 01-25-2015 at 08:27 PM.

I didn't call anyone an idiot.
    A troll is someone who hides behind a computer to send messages that cause upset.
    Telling someone their phobia is 'making a mountain out of molehill' on a site like this is entirely irresponsible and inappropriate.

McGirl I have not said anything about how you respond to posts, I'm not a drama queen either just having my opinion like you are.. ��

Your writing and spelling errors really make you appear to be a child. Your cattiness on this board further highlights it and the above pushes you over the edge. You're seriously asking someone you've been bullying all night to apologize to you? She wasn't responding to your post. Why do you feel the need to stick your big nose into everyone's business? I'm new, so I don't know you at all but seeing these posts you've made make me embarrassed for you.