Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default here we are again - a guy in the band with the stomach bug (i think)

Just showed up at our gig. Bass player has been v* all day and didnt think it necessary to call out of the gig (a gig we should have canceled anyway because of all the ice). He claims its a stomach bug but it might be food poisoning (ive gotten sick from food at the same restaurant he ate at last night). Said he was v* all day every few hours until 5pm (but that nothing was coming up then) and got here around 8pm. He's been successfully holding down liquids all evening and has showered (and hasnt been sick since the shower) but im still worried he's going to pass something onto my boyfriend (the lead singer) and who will then pass it to me.

Thoughts?

Default Re: here we are again - a guy in the band with the stomach bug (i think)

If he's showered there's nothing to pass on. People who've been v*ing rarely poop afterwards as their system is empty until they begin eating again. I'd say you're safer today than if the show were in the next few days. Regardless though, your boyfriend is a big boy and can take care of himself. Relax and enjoy your evening, I am sure everything will be fine.

Default Re: here we are again - a guy in the band with the stomach bug (i think)

Lol sometimes its best to hear it reinforced from an outside source. Obviously i know better and am being careful anyway. My boyfriend isnt a big handwasher and we live together which i suppose is the only reason i worry.

I was just texting with his wife (the bass player) who opted to skip the gig because its so cold out and she's not the least bit worried (and shes the one who shares a bed and bathroom with him) ... so why am i bugging? Lol