Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Help me please...

I am literally sitting here trembling. My younger sister (age 12) just threw up tonight and I m scared I ll throw up too . I think she has the flu, and I know y all are just going to say that it s not the end of the world if I do throw up, but I m severely emetophobic and I would rather be hospitalized than throw up.. Guys, I don t want to throw up please help me >.<

Default Re: Help me please...

Quote Originally Posted by rmiller23 View Post
    I am literally sitting here trembling. My younger sister (age 12) just threw up tonight and I m scared I ll throw up too . I think she has the flu, and I know y all are just going to say that it s not the end of the world if I do throw up, but I m severely emetophobic and I would rather be hospitalized than throw up.. Guys, I don t want to throw up please help me >.<

You Just have to relax. Just because someone got sick doesn't mean that 1) it's contagious and 2) you'll get it. If anything just be careful if you share a bathroom or any personal items/utensils with her. Flush with the lid closed, wash your hands throughly before eating, take vitamin c, and don't stress! Stress causes your body to react in crazy ways and can cause you to feel Ill.

Just be cautious. But don't let it take over your life. You'll be okay no matter what happens.