Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: nervous

Default nervous

My 15 year old son stayed home from school today with a headache, body aches, slight fever and fatigue. I have his some toast and applesauce to take some cold medicine and his temp came down. Aroun230 he was hungry so I made him an egg sandwich, OJ and a granola bar.. checked his tem and it was normal. He ate everything and I thought he was on the mend. I left for the gym and my husband came home. My husband was in the bathroom when out of nowhere my son had to get sick. The bed,floor and chair were hit. My fantastic husband knows I am emitophobic and cleaned up like a pro. Steam cleaning the carpet, bleaching and Lysoling everything etc. He hasn't been sick again. He wasn't nauseous, he said it just happened. He has since eaten toast, applesauce rice water and gingerale and his stomach is fine. A nurse friend of mine said she feels this is the seasonal flu and not SV.... any thoughts?

Default Re: nervous

I would say flu too...just do your normal hygiene and clean and properly and it should be ok, especially if he is holding down food!

yeah it is the flu and not a sv. I bet the egg and OJ didn't mix well either. alone probably ok but together maybe too much on a sick belly. you are doing EVERYTHING right, though. As a mom, I know you want to give them what they ask for (my son always wants mac and cheese and other heavy stuff) but you have to say no. I hope he is feeling better today.

It's the flu for sure. I've heard the same from other friends with children that they've been sick but not nauseated. The fevers cause it, the mucous can too, as can the head/body aches. and when they body is healing often it just doesn't want too much food in it, regardless of the illness.

Not a sv*, you're totally fine. Hope he begins feeling better soon!