Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Live in a house with roommates...one bathroom contaminated!

Hi guys. I've never posted on this website before, although I've come here to just read reassurances when I've been feeling anxious and nauseated. But this time I have to post something.One of my roommates was hosting a get-together for his friends and one of his friends came to the house, sat for maybe 10 minutes, ate a slice of pizza then went to our bathroom downstairs and began to v*. I was sitting in the kitchen (which unfortunately is where the bathroom is located--the bathroom directly opens into the kitchen, mere feet from the kitchen table) and heard this. Managed to keep cool, ask her if she was okay through the door and help get towels.

BUT. I'm actually terrified. My bf and I have our own bathroom upstairs and I know I'll avoid the downstairs one but a) all of my roommate's friends are still here, totally not worried; b) my roommates who use the downstairs bathroom don't care much about hygiene; c) our kitchen is right there!!

I'm going to ask my roommate to bleach clean the downstairs bathroom (even though that may make me seem like a control freak). Is there any hope that one of the 3 people who use the downstairs bathroom won't get sick?? I also don't want to let anyone use our upstairs bathroom at all, which leads to me feeling like a selfish horrible person

Default Re: Live in a house with roommates...one bathroom contaminated!

there are so many variables here - could she be pg? did she drink too much? is she just prone to v? lactose issues? did she LOOK ill, like she had a bug? was she hungover? if it any of those then, although gross, you can't get actually sick. that being said, yes, bleaching the bathroom is best. if you worry about your roommates ability, you should take care of it. wipe door handles, remotes, knobs and toilet. basically anything she touched. change the towels. good thing is it isn't your bathroom, so no toothbrushes or anything to move. sorry this happened! I lived in dorms for 2 years and only had roommates the first. I couldn't deal. I had to use a communal bathroom the 2nd year but was at my boyfriends apt most of the time. it is TOUGH for even non emets to share space like that.